Reload this Page >

Working Holiday Visa for UK Citizens

Wikiposts

Working Holiday Visa for UK Citizens

Old Nov 25th 2002, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Robpom is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Working Holiday Visa for UK Citizens

I am wondering if anybody out there knows what the best way for somebody from the UK to get a temporary working visa for Canada. Want to Visit Canada and work in Canada for 6 months to a year. Any help ould be appreciated.
Old Nov 25th 2002, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

ngoodlad is an unknown quantity at this point

I know there is something called a working holiday programme. You need to be 18- 29 years old. You can get the visa for 6-12 months, but it can't be extended, and it is employer specific - in other words you couldn't go work for one company then change to another company while still in Canada. To get this you must have a letter from the company that is employing you, then I believe you need to contact the appropriate consulate.

That's all I know about that I'm afraid. Hope it helps.
Old Nov 25th 2002, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Robpom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I appreciate the hep.
Originally posted by ngoodlad
I know there is something called a working holiday programme. You need to be 18- 29 years old. You can get the visa for 6-12 months, but it can't be extended, and it is employer specific - in other words you couldn't go work for one company then change to another company while still in Canada. To get this you must have a letter from the company that is employing you, then I believe you need to contact the appropriate consulate.

That's all I know about that I'm afraid. Hope it helps.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

littleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working Holiday Visa for UK Citizens

Just to let you know I have just been on www.bunac.org as I am after the same thing as you and if you are 18-35 you can apply for their work canada programme as a student or limited places for a non-student. I would advise you to go on this asap as they expect all the visas to be given out by the end of August. Hope this helps, unfortunately it wasn't suitable for me as I have a daughter, so I have to look for another route!