Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Working Holiday Permit help

Wikiposts

Working Holiday Permit help

Old Jan 14th 2011, 2:30 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Holiday Permit help

Originally Posted by sarah_m
I'm returning to the UK on march 2nd then flying back out to Toronto March 22. I will return on a visitor visa while my new visa is processing and my current job is going to allow me to come back to work when i get my work permit hopefully in early may.

I've asked my mum to provide proof of funds for me, thinking it might be easier for her to obtain the bank stamp - but hsbc just flat out refused to do it and said they couldn't stamp it. Does the canadian government know about the problems this is causing and do you think they will be slightly understanding if i provide as much evidence as i can of proof of funds (2 uk accounts and 1 canadian bank account with over $6000) even if it is not stamped.

argh this whole this is stressing me out!
Just out of curiosity, have you tried asking your Canadian bank to do this for you?

I don't have a Canadian bank account but I'm just wondering if this sort of thing is normal over there. The UK banking system is likely far more advanced than the Canadian one in many ways but the foundations of that advancement are based upon process and this form doesn't seem to be part of a standardized process, hence all of the issues.

If the UK banks are not going to sign this form without some head office muppet reading through it first then they will likely refuse to write personal letters too meaning that most people will probably just need to send in a current bank statement or something instead which, realistically, should be enough.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:05 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The forms (I am presuming they will use the same ones as they appear pretty standardised) are available online (for Ireland) - including the "Proof of Funds - Candidate" one.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ns_2011_EN.pdf

At least it will give some idea of what is required.

Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:18 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
The forms (I am presuming they will use the same ones as they appear pretty standardised) are available online (for Ireland) - including the "Proof of Funds - Candidate" one.

I think the rules are slightly different for the Irish but I've just had a quick look through that form and it looks about the same as the one that was online for British participants until a couple of days ago.

I did have a copy of the UK document cached on one of my machines at work but unfortunately Firefox crashed last night before I went home. It's my own fault for not saving a copy really.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:34 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I think the rules are slightly different for the Irish but I've just had a quick look through that form and it looks about the same as the one that was online for British participants until a couple of days ago.

I did have a copy of the UK document cached on one of my machines at work but unfortunately Firefox crashed last night before I went home. It's my own fault for not saving a copy really.
Doh! So that means there is a load of applicants with a non 'voided' application form then?

Missed out on that as well - it will just be the mad rush on the 18th
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:47 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Doh! So that means there is a load of applicants with a non 'voided' application form then?

Missed out on that as well - it will just be the mad rush on the 18th
No mate, don't worry, nobody has a live application form yet, I meant the voided demo PDF.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, I'm a little confused, did someone say earlier in this thread that you can't do a working holiday visa through IEC this year and only BUNAC? That doesn't make a lot of sense - can someone clarify?

Cheers!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Sorry guys, I'm a little confused, did someone say earlier in this thread that you can't do a working holiday visa through IEC this year and only BUNAC? That doesn't make a lot of sense - can someone clarify?

Cheers!
After re-reading it was decided that you could apply through either scheme this year, but once the visas through the IEC have gone you will need to apply through BUNAC, assuming they have some left.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:12 am
Sidecar Falcon

Proof of funds or a recent bank statement (issued within the last 3 months).
Let's hope that the final UK form also has this line in it as that should make things a bit easier.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Let's hope that the final UK form also has this line in it as that should make things a bit easier.
That is only for at the point of entry... they still require (for Ireland anyway) the bank form filled out.

Proof of Funds
You must prove that you have sufficient financial resources to cover your expenses for the first 3 months of your stay in Canada (€748/$1,000 CAD per month).
a) If you possess the funds, you must provide the following:
(1) “Proof of Funds – Candidate” form included in the application kit, or a bank document incorporating the information on the Proof of Funds form, signed, dated and stamped by your bank.

Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

It will still have to be stamped by the bank though..

Does anyone want to take a guess at how long it will take for the IEC visas to run out? I'm weighing up whether to go through the IEC or bunac - not because of their services as frankly, i think they're pretty poor considering how much more they charge, but more for my peace of mind with getting a visa!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

It will still have to be stamped by the bank though..

Does anyone want to take a guess at how long it will take for the IEC visas to run out? I'm weighing up whether to go through the IEC or bunac - not because of their services as frankly, i think they're pretty poor considering how much more they charge, but more for my peace of mind with getting a visa!
Not to scare you, but the scheme has effectively been relaunched. So theoretically everyone that has used up their once in a lifetime visa prior to this year could go a further two times assuming they still meet all the other requirements. With that in mind, and assuming a fair number of them have found this out at some point or another and fancy another spell in Canada, places could go extremely quickly. Quite the opposite could also happen, and not enough people know about the new direct/new requirements and visa take up is slow.

My prediction is that its the first
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

mrtomsterman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very scared! Feels like a race against time once the forms are released on the 18th :S
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Not to scare you, but the scheme has effectively been relaunched. So theoretically everyone that has used up their once in a lifetime visa prior to this year could go a further two times assuming they still meet all the other requirements. With that in mind, and assuming a fair number of them have found this out at some point or another and fancy another spell in Canada, places could go extremely quickly. Quite the opposite could also happen, and not enough people know about the new direct/new requirements and visa take up is slow.

My prediction is that its the first

Yes..you're right.

So, it would probably be worth going through Bunac to guarentee a place. It is my understanding that you pay the fee first then get your visa reserved and then you send off the police certificate after? Is that right? So i could go through Bunac and then get the police certificate done and not worry about the visas selling out..
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes..you're right.

So, it would probably be worth going through Bunac to guarentee a place. It is my understanding that you pay the fee first then get your visa reserved and then you send off the police certificate after? Is that right? So i could go through Bunac and then get the police certificate done and not worry about the visas selling out..
Indeed... from my understanding its done in stages. You pay upfront and you have your visa reserved for you.

Don't let what I said put you off going direct though. I don't think anyone really knows how quickly the uptake will be... you could rush out and get a BUNAC place only to find the following week when you have all your papers together that the IEC still has places available
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:17 am
Sidecar Falcon

That is only for at the point of entry... they still require (for Ireland anyway) the bank form filled out.

Proof of Funds
You must prove that you have sufficient financial resources to cover your expenses for the first 3 months of your stay in Canada (€748/$1,000 CAD per month).
a) If you possess the funds, you must provide the following:
(1) “Proof of Funds – Candidate” form included in the application kit, or a bank document incorporating the information on the Proof of Funds form, signed, dated and stamped by your bank.

Oh son of a bitch, I knew that seemed to good to be true. I'm still waiting to find out whether or not forms like this are the norm in Canada since I don't think the CIC realise what an absolute nightmare they will be unleashing with this.

Unfortunately if the document needs to be signed by the bank then a statement isn't going to cut it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.