Reload this Page >

Work Permit's at POE

Work Permit's at POE

Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Yorkshire Bird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit's at POE

Hi

Can anyone help, We are applying for our Work Permits at Point of Entry rather than sending then off to London and waiting for an age for them to arrive.

How long does it take at Customs for the papers to be processed? Would we have to arrive at a certain time or will they be processed at anytime ie; if we land at like 10pm will our visas still be processed?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:57 pm
imperfection is beauty

debzielou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Permit's at POE

hi there, our flight landed after 10pm and they told us to head through to see an immigration officer. we spent more time in the queue than we did with the paperwork. as long as you have all the documents they are looking for i think most peoples experiences are that it doesnt take too long. Where are you flying in to?
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

we are flying into Vancouver even tho will be living in Calgary (off to visit my parents first) have been told they will process it there.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Which POE?
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:05 pm
imperfection is beauty

thats where we flew into. for us it was really simple and went very smoothly and like i said we were in the queue longer than with the paperwork. there were about four officers on duty processing the permits too which was good
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that!!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

scottieb will become famous soon enough

Hi,
we are a family looking to do the same thing, we have trades but no job to go to there, did you have jobs to go to as in a company transfere or did you apply for jobs from england? What paper work was it that you needed to provide at POE?
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottieb
Hi,
we are a family looking to do the same thing, we have trades but no job to go to there, did you have jobs to go to as in a company transfere or did you apply for jobs from england? What paper work was it that you needed to provide at POE?
Read Wiki, depending on job will depend on getting work permit at the POE. You do need a employer for work permit as for most you need LMO. Can apply for jobs from the UK
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:54 am
imperfection is beauty

yeah what silver dragon said.. my OH had a job lined up and his LMO. I came over as his spouse.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

bimchick is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband did a work permit at POE last week. We got in after 11. As long as there are international flights arriving there are immigration officers working. There was no line for us and it took about 20 minutes.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks all thats made me feel better