Wikiposts

wistler

Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:50 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wistler

Originally Posted by chris.myers
I was hoping someone might know of a place that was a bit of a local secret, the sort of thing that might not always show up on google, iv done google, hotwire est. but im still trying to cut my costs down.

<abusive rant removed>
Fair enough, if you had explained a little more in your opening post it would have been helpful, so people could give you better advice. And when I say better, I mean non-supercilious responses like mine.

I've only been to Whistler a couple of times for the day so I can't suggest anyway to stay. If you want to stay in Vancouver and keep the costs down there are hostels or you could rent a room from someone privately.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:04 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of curiosity, if you have no job to go to and you can't afford to stay anywhere that isn't very cheap, why did you choose to move to Vancouver and, moreover, looking to stay in Whistler?

Apologies if i'm being too nosey.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:05 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to put a link in where you'll find all the accredited accommodations, but if you're going be abusive to people then you're on your own.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:31 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris.myers
is there any where cheap to stay near whistler
Yes - but you'll need to define cheap, plus when will you be there and for how long?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice
Default Re: Whistler

There's C&N Backpackers or Holly Park Hostel in Pemberton where I live. Both websites say 20 minutes drive to Whistler but it's more like 25 - 30 really.

Greyhound buses and local transit leave at various times of the day from Pemberton village centre if you don't have a car.

Obviously, with the Olympics in February there are going to be less affordable options and you will be competing for what accommodation there is with workers who are being tossed out of their rentals for the month.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Zoe M.