Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"Wish I'd brought that with us"!

"Wish I'd brought that with us"!

Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tom Masters
That's exactly what we did and I am so glad! It was great moving in to our new place with all our own furniture/curtains etc. Haven't seen anything in the shops in Canada that is nicer!!

If I had known the lack of style and imagination and use of colour etc. over here, I would have brought loads more curtains, duvet covers etc. from Next! Actually, our house here in Canada looks a bit like a scene from Next and I am so pleased we brought it all!

I am going to get more stuff sent from the UK shops from friends rather than put up with the dross over here!

Apart from that, I miss Ribena - me and the kids used to drink it constantly. Also, chocolate covered Mcvities digestives!!!
Hey, London won't be so far from Guelph. See my note on starting a curtain making business.

My computer broke (typical when I'm selling it in 3 weeks) so I've only just caught up with this message. It's great and confirms how glad I am to be taking most of my furniture and curtains that I love (and can re-make myself if necessary). You are all giving me further ideas in the soft furnishing side of things. I was out in Canada for 3 months last year. I must admit that there did not seem to be much variety. And I can't find any Canadian internet sites for supplies (unlike here). This is all food for thought!

Cathie
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Sounds good to me Cathie!
Old Jul 5th 2004, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, this will be one of my first contributions to this forum. I hope you guys (and girls) don't mind that a dutch guy is intruding in your british society.

Since I hardly possess anything, exept for a wardrobe full of clothes (which can be taken with me easily), all I have to bring with my are memories, and the harddisk inside my head leaves me plenty of room for those.......