Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Winter in Canada is grrrrrrreatttt!!!

Winter in Canada is grrrrrrreatttt!!!

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 11:49 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Winter in Canada is grrrrrrreatttt!!!

I have to say - life's pretty darn good!

Up at 5am this morning, driving from Ottawa to Montreal, enjoying the morning light slowly killing the dark, and the fresh snow from yesterday's snowfall. Returning to Ottawa via the smaller roads along the river - stopping several times to make pictures. It sure is gorgeous out there! Dropping by the tiniest Tim's I've ever seen for a couple of coffees, doughnuts and cookies before we drive through the city and end up in Gatineau Park. Rent snowshoes and go out on the trails for two hours - sun, blue sky, lots of fresh snow and an insane feeling of the joy of being alive.

Get out there, folks, and have fun!!!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:05 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Winter in Canada is grrrrrrreatttt!!!

[QUOTE=Wannabe]I have to say - life's pretty darn good!

My goodness....dont stop there. that was like the start of a bloomin good book!!!!!...heres to being happy and enjoying the winter.....karma heading your way
Old Jan 24th 2006, 12:35 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Totally know where you're coming from.............went to Cooking Lake Blackfoot Recreation area on Sunday. The sun was shining, the temperature mild, just a ittle snow on the ground. We parked our car and set off on one of the many wooded trails that are used for walkers, cross country skiers, equestrian, snow mobiles and dog sledding. Exchanged many hello's with other families like us out and about, dogs running freely, kids making new footprints in the crisp white snow. The air was clean and fresh, and we felt Sooooo glad to be here.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:39 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wannabe
an insane feeling of the joy of being alive.
I like that! You sound very happy!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough

Hi Wannabe,

I wasnt able to follow your messages on this forum since last couple of months and probably thats why I didnt know that you've already moved to Canada. Please accept my CONGRATS. I just wish you all the very best with your life in CA and hope you'll overcome the obstacles by using your positive attitude.

Good Luck!
Ghanghro.
.................................................. ......
We were strictly against the idea of migrating to Canada: 2003
Started to change our mind: Oct 2004
Collecting Info for Application - Nov 2004
Started to gather all the required docs - Dec 2004
Got Police Certs from Dubai - 15/02/05
Application Sent - 22/02/05
Applied for Police Certs from Germany - 25/02/05
AOR Recv - 15/03/05 dated from 07/03/05
Received German Police Certs - 30/03/05
Changed my job - 18/04/05
Got our First Baby (a sweet Girl) - 21/05/05
Updated CIC with German Polic Certs and Baby's Details - 18/07/05
CIC asked for another bank draft of 150$ for Baby - 29/07/05
Sent the new Bank Draft plus photos of Baby - 15/08/05
IELTS Exam - 25/08/05
IELTS Result (7+ in all bands) - 09/09/05
British Council Forwarded Original IELTS Restul to CIC - ??/09/05
.................................................. ......

Up at 5am this morning, driving from Ottawa to Montreal, enjoying the morning light slowly killing the dark, and the fresh snow from yesterday's snowfall. Returning to Ottawa via the smaller roads along the river - stopping several times to make pictures. It sure is gorgeous out there! Dropping by the tiniest Tim's I've ever seen for a couple of coffees, doughnuts and cookies before we drive through the city and end up in Gatineau Park. Rent snowshoes and go out on the trails for two hours - sun, blue sky, lots of fresh snow and an insane feeling of the joy of being alive.

Last edited by ghanghro; Jan 24th 2006 at 1:45 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

good for you, sounds great....nice to hear of someone enjoying life, that's what it's all about....have fun ..cheers
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

let's see the pix
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

You missed the bit about making angels in the snow - especially when you've had a few!.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:23 pm

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
let's see the pix
As soon as I figure out how to include them!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:25 pm

I am.

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I like that! You sound very happy!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:35 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one from our winter walk .... well I'll try anyway.....
Attached Thumbnails Winter in Canada is grrrrrrreatttt!!!-bragg-creek-ice.jpg  
Old Jan 24th 2006, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Here's one from our winter walk .... well I'll try anyway.....
ohh looks soooo pretty
Old Jan 24th 2006, 6:37 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
ohh looks soooo pretty
Winter-wonderland for sure! And it wasn't even cold! (despite appearances!)

What we were wondering was about those huge thick slabs of ice, 24-30 inches thick, some of 'em, .....and they were sort of thrown up on the edges of the river, and some were well up the bank, about 20 metres from the "edge"!
Old Jan 24th 2006, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a good example of Canadian weather. (Ontario)

1st pix, we are all swimming in the lake in July/Aug
2nd pix, same lake in Feb, standing on it
Attached Thumbnails Winter in Canada is grrrrrrreatttt!!!-unfrozen-lake.jpg   Winter in Canada is grrrrrrreatttt!!!-frozen-lake.jpg  
Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Morwenna
What we were wondering was about those huge thick slabs of ice, 24-30 inches thick, some of 'em, .....and they were sort of thrown up on the edges of the river, and some were well up the bank, about 20 metres from the "edge"!

wow yep i can imagine....tks for all the pix..sure do appreciate it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.