Winnipeg Info

Old Sep 23rd 2015, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winnipeg Info

Speaking as someone who enjoys living in Winnipeg (and knows quite a few successful Canadians who have said they don't ever want to leave) I would say a lot of the negative opinions of the peg you get are from people who have never lived here.
I moved after 6 years in Melbourne (prior to that Edinburgh)and have had more fun (and spent more time outdoors) here.
Sure the winters can be really harsh but each province/capital city had it's own cross to bear in that season.
You just acclimatize/wear the right clothing and adapt
Embrace the season - flood your backyard and turn it into a ice rink. Great fun.
It's a great place for families - loads to do, there is rarely a weekend goes by when there is not some festival or another going on.
Summers have been lovely so far - plenty of lovely beaches and lakes to visit and take advantage of the heat.
As with all cities there are good parts and bad parts of it - as a general rule of thumb the southend is a nicer area.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Obitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond repute

Embrace the season - flood your backyard and turn it into a ice rink. Great fun. - This is a great idea!

Cheers for the heads up Scot, What's your industry?
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Obitim
Embrace the season - flood your backyard and turn it into a ice rink. Great fun. - This is a great idea!

Cheers for the heads up Scot, What's your industry?
No problem - I really do think the people that make an effort to fit in and find positive aspects of things will often be just fine.
We came over for my hubby's work - he's a civil engineer, and is loving it. (And is now playing hockey in his spare time)
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Obitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! That sounds pretty awesome!

I agree on getting involved as well! We're quite looking forward to it, it should be an adventure!

On the note, does anyone know of any paperwork I can do in preparation? to have it ready to go so to speak?
Old Oct 1st 2015, 10:23 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Obitim, spoke with my buddy about network support he said outside of large companies like Great West, MTS, Lotteries, Government not a lot of small jobs. Haven't seen the MTS guy for a while but not been catching the bus so might see him when the weather changes. as for paperwork start here Manitoba Immigration and Economic Opportunities | Immigrate to Manitoba, Canada have fun
Old Oct 1st 2015, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ho Grah,

Cheers for coming back to me and for the link! I'm gonna make a start I think so that we'll be making some prpgress! Would you recommend the PNP?