Reload this Page >

Winnipeg Broadband

Winnipeg Broadband

Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

12yearson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Winnipeg Broadband

Hi All

My wife is visiting the family in the Peg and their internet connection seems really slow - definitely not possible to skype.

Was wondering, which broadband provider(s) would you recommend? Rough set-up and monthly cost?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winnipeg Broadband

I was happy with Shaw, I forget the price but it's all on their website - http://www.shaw.ca/ I liked them because they were very forgiving of heavy users like me, I used to get nothing more than a gentle reminder if I exceeded my bandwith.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Hi, it would be useful for us to know roughly how much a bundle deal will cost us when we finally make the move to the Peg, but it asks for a postcode... does anyone know a postcode for Winnipeg? (not the North/West end as we won't be living there I hope).

Cheers, Anita
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:36 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seanyg
Hi, it would be useful for us to know roughly how much a bundle deal will cost us when we finally make the move to the Peg, but it asks for a postcode... does anyone know a postcode for Winnipeg? (not the North/West end as we won't be living there I hope).

Cheers, Anita
It doesn't matter what area of the city you'll be in the postal code is only used by Shaw to determine what city you're in.

Try this one R2E 0J8.

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Steve
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:03 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Shaw is normally slightly faster than MTS DSL, but Shaw get nasty if you go over 100gb a month.

Both are between $45 and $55 per month for their faster services. Discounts available if you bundle.

Both are available throughout Winnipeg.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

ADAMC is an unknown quantity at this point

We're with Shaw and the service is fairly good, broadband speed much better than what we had in the UK, though it does depend which package you opt for, I think it's sold along the line of 1. occassional email, 2. regular use, 3. download movies etc.

Much cheaper if you get internet, phone and digital cable from the same supplier as they offer multi-product benefits and start-up discounts.

Roughly you're looking at a bundle price of about $150 per month (but cheaper for the first 6 months), but that does include 1000 free mins of talk time to most western countries, plus most of the footy channels on cable (including $15 for Setanta and a wealth of Premiership action).
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:04 am
Just Joined

12yearson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for your help