Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Winnipeg #8 out of 154 for Best Place in Canada to Live

Winnipeg #8 out of 154 for Best Place in Canada to Live

Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:42 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winnipeg #8 out of 154 for Best Place in Canada to Live

Manitoba had two cities in the top 10 (#10 was Brandon).

Winnipeg beat out bigger cities like Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton, as well as smaller centres like Regina and Saskatoon in the Moneysense survey.

http://incrediblycool.ca/?p=1269
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:50 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winnipeg #8 out of 154 for Best Place in Canada to Live

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Winnipeg beat out bigger cities like Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton, as well as smaller centres like Regina and Saskatoon in the Moneysense survey.

You mean the "toothless, green, watermelon-helmet-wearing people from the crotch of Canada.”???

http://www.canada.com/Sports/Bombers...816/story.html
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:16 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

"Many in Saskatchewan took umbrage at the remarks"

Obviously they have a problem with their Crotches, that they should take this as an insult.

I am very happy with my crotch, and would not be in any way insulted with this obvious compliment.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Essex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really nice

LOL. Its name Winterpeg for reason. -30 for weeks on end is not uncommon and then you have the lovely mosquitoes in summer to deal with. Oh and the city has the lovely ice jams as well. It's cheap for a reason. I would not live in Winnipeg for all the Tea in China.

We all know the best 3 cities in Canada are Toronto and Vancouver and Montreal. Any article that ranks Moncton, Fredericton, NB above Toronto I can't take seriously or credible anyways. It did give me a good laugh Tho.

Last edited by Essex_Man; Apr 28th 2009 at 4:24 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Winnipeg #8 out of 154 for Best Place in Canada to Live

living in New Glasgow and absolutely loving it, I have to " disagree" a tad with it being last in the poll.....even though they say the numbers are right, I (and my family) moved here in Dec 07 and would definately put it a LOT HIGHER in the list....but hey...everyone is entitled to there opinion.....whats right for one isn't necessarily right for another.....and "lifes what you make it"...to quote TALK TALK...
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:43 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essex_Man
LOL. Its name Winterpeg for reason. -30 for weeks on end is not uncommon and then you have the lovely mosquitoes in summer to deal with. Oh and the city has the lovely ice jams as well. It's cheap for a reason. I would not live in Winnipeg for all the Tea in China.

We all know the best 3 cities in Canada are Toronto and Vancouver and Montreal. Any article that ranks Moncton, Fredericton, NB above Toronto I can't take seriously or credible anyways. It did give me a good laugh Tho.
What if your moving to Canada to get away from big cities?

I will not disagree with anyone who says "I prefer..." But to say to me Toronto is better than Winnipeg is quite wrong. It's better for you not for me.

I hate these lists of what is or isn't a good place to live.

Generally worthless data is plugged into a chart and then it calculates the order. There is never personal opinion involved. I personally wouldn't have moved away from the UK if I had to live in Toronto.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:44 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

TIT alert
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:02 pm
RETIRED Realtor

LOL. Its name Winterpeg for reason. -30 for weeks on end is not uncommon

Nor is it uncommon for many others places in Canada

and then you have the lovely mosquitoes in summer to deal with.

Like the vast amount of North America

Oh and the city has the lovely ice jams as well.

We have those far less often than the East has Ice Storms that knock out power for weeks at a time.

:

We also have Jobs and affordable Housing
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:08 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Manitoba had two cities in the top 10 (#10 was Brandon).

Surely some mistake:- where's La Prairie, QC?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Essex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really nice

Originally Posted by livermanl
What if your moving to Canada to get away from big cities?

I will not disagree with anyone who says "I prefer..." But to say to me Toronto is better than Winnipeg is quite wrong. It's better for you not for me.

I hate these lists of what is or isn't a good place to live.

Generally worthless data is plugged into a chart and then it calculates the order. There is never personal opinion involved. I personally wouldn't have moved away from the UK if I had to live in Toronto.
It been proven time and time again. Just a quick google will tell you otherwise. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...vancouver.html

But If you love freezing cold, -30 to -50. plagues of mosquitoes and 6-7 months of winter go ahead. Sure you have a nice cheap house to stare out of the window, wishing the spring would just hurry up. I'm sorry it's not for me. It just not my bag really.

Off Topic.

LOL. My mother was almost shot in Winnipeg around Christmas. She was on her way back from seeing the polar bears and was waiting for a bus.

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
TIT alert
What? for disagreeing with an article. OK. if you say so. I still think you need a *hug* Your so up tight.

Last edited by Essex_Man; Apr 28th 2009 at 5:23 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

We also have Jobs and affordable Housing

Yes how many cities have houses that start at 10,000 pounds. Like I said Its cheap for a reason.

http://www.realtor.ca/PropertyResult...of=1&ps=25&o=A
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:25 pm
RETIRED Realtor

Each to their own, variety is the spice of life...... etc., etc........
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Each to their own, variety is the spice of life...... etc., etc........

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the city per say. Just has a few negatives. Everything else is great. If I had kids I would pick it. Just on price a lone if i was on a tight budget.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:54 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the city per say. Just has a few negatives. Everything else is great. If I had kids I would pick it. Just on price a lone if i was on a tight budget.
You mean 'per se' ?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Montreal came in at..... 100, or in the bottom third (nearly). Oh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.