Reload this Page >

Windsor Park Neighbourhood.

Windsor Park Neighbourhood.

Old Mar 12th 2012, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

kelby is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Windsor Park Neighbourhood.

Hey everyone!

I will be moving to Edmonton, Alberta with my partner and daughter in the summer if everything goes to plan. I'm already looking at schools for my 5-year-old daughter who I believe will be starting grade 1. According to my research, Windsor Park elementary school is the no1 ranked elementary school in Edmonton. I've had a look at the area as best I can on the good old web but no-one can give me better advice than Edmontonians themelves. What is the area like? Is it a nice place to raise kids? The crime statistics and average income etc seem good.

What I'm looking for is a good school in a nice, safe area to raise my daughter. Ideally I'd like a nice residential feeling neighbourhood not to far from the centre of the city. Windsor Park seems like it could offer this but I'd like opinions. What areas would you recommend? We're a young couple and so combing our twenties with family life is kind of what we're looking for. Thanks!

Sorry, I probably should have posted in the title that this question is referring to neighbourhoods in EDMONTON. Thanks.

Last edited by kelby; Mar 12th 2012 at 11:22 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Windsor Park Neighbourhood.

Originally Posted by kelby
Hey everyone!

I will be moving to Edmonton, Alberta with my partner and daughter in the summer if everything goes to plan. I'm already looking at schools for my 5-year-old daughter who I believe will be starting grade 1. According to my research, Windsor Park elementary school is the no1 ranked elementary school in Edmonton. I've had a look at the area as best I can on the good old web but no-one can give me better advice than Edmontonians themelves. What is the area like? Is it a nice place to raise kids? The crime statistics and average income etc seem good.

What I'm looking for is a good school in a nice, safe area to raise my daughter. Ideally I'd like a nice residential feeling neighbourhood not to far from the centre of the city. Windsor Park seems like it could offer this but I'd like opinions. What areas would you recommend? We're a young couple and so combing our twenties with family life is kind of what we're looking for. Thanks!

Sorry, I probably should have posted in the title that this question is referring to neighbourhoods in EDMONTON. Thanks.
I used to live in that neighbourhood and my dad still does (just off 116th St). It's really nice, right by the UofA campus with a look across the N. Sask river and ravine to the downtown. It's also got one or two cool streets nearby like Whyte Ave. Garneau nearby is also pretty nice as a 'hood. My sister went to that school and loved it.

It's not a cheap neighbourhood by any means, quite the opposite. I haven't seen property prices at all but www.mls.ca will give you an idea. It's been yonks since I lived there. Any other questions PM me, though current Edmontonians will know better I'm sure.