Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Will Canadian TVs work in UK?

Will Canadian TVs work in UK?

Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all
Default Re: Will Canadian TVs work in UK?

Hi there I am currently using three TVs from canada in my uk home. Check the back of the tv by the power lead if it says 120-240 you can just pull out the lead and plug in a uk one no need to use a transformer or anything. You will still need to change the hertz I can't remember which way around it is but one is 60hz and one is 50hz also canadian tv works on NTCS and not pal I bought a converter about the size of a mobile phone you plug your digibox into one end then an HDMI lead in to the other and into your tv and it converts the signal and the hz. I can't remember the company I bought it from but it was really cheap and is about the size of a mobile phone. All our TVs work perfectly and have done for 2 years.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:39 pm
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Davenports View Post
I have read somewhere that if I have a power dropper and use a HDMI lead from DVD player or Cable/satalite box my Canadian tv will work in the UK.
Has anyone had any experience in this or info on tis subject?
answer me dis....why u wanna watch all dem crappy canadian tv show anywats? uk telly not so evil???
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

The Davenports is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by immichaelcaine View Post
answer me dis....why u wanna watch all dem crappy canadian tv show anywats? uk telly not so evil???
Believe me I want to escape the Canadian TV!!! couldn't find a thing to watch last night.
Just want to save money on our return and not have to buy tvs in the UK!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

the company I used was interneeds direct ltd they sell all sorts of converters. interneeds.com. I called them and they were really helpful.

The hdmi thing will not work (or at least it didn't for us) because our sony would only accept NTSC signal it just rolled. You need to convert first as I say ours converts the hertz and the signal. Has worked perfectly for two years.

Our legend TV has no converter it just worked.

I hope this helps if not just let me know.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 2:24 am
Just Joined

sidecardriver is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know how well they will work,because as well as the different voltages between countries,i think they also have different hertz cycles.50hz UK 60HZ North America
with the price of electronics these days its maybe not worth lugging across the globe,with the chance of not working like it should.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sidecardriver View Post
i dont know how well they will work,because as well as the different voltages between countries,i think they also have different hertz cycles.50hz UK 60HZ North America
with the price of electronics these days its maybe not worth lugging across the globe,with the chance of not working like it should.
read above posting we bought a converter that converts signal and hertz. They have worked perfectly now in the uk for 2 years
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by woodywoodside View Post
the company I used was interneeds direct ltd they sell all sorts of converters. interneeds.com. I called them and they were really helpful.

The hdmi thing will not work (or at least it didn't for us) because our sony would only accept NTSC signal it just rolled. You need to convert first as I say ours converts the hertz and the signal. Has worked perfectly for two years.

Our legend TV has no converter it just worked.

I hope this helps if not just let me know.
sorry I should have said read this posting re converters