Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Wildlife in manitoba

Wikiposts

Wildlife in manitoba

Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wildlife in manitoba

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Noooo!!!!!!!

Big Foot lives in Oregon, Washington and especially British Columbia.

He's sort of like a retiree he gets around.
Not quite ready to retire yet.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

nagajara is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by livermanl
MOSQUITOES!!!
As big as spyuggies!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:02 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

New Manitoba Bigfoot Video
You need to go to the Norway house area of Manitoba to catch the family.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:08 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grah
New Manitoba Bigfoot Video
You need to go to the Norway house area of Manitoba to catch the family.
I like the really long posts from people which take up a full 17" computer screen and then the next post is:

It's fake. lol
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:34 am
God

NickyP84 will become famous soon enoughNickyP84 will become famous soon enough

Easily the 2 hardest things I found getting used to in Manitoba was the heat and the mosquitos.

My wife's entire family thought it was hilarious that if we were all out having a BBQ or whatever, I'd be the only person the mossies went for! What's up with that?

Also, the cankerworms are annoying but they don't last very long.

The best thing about Manitoba though is it's nature and wildllife - if you like nature and wildlife that is

I love the fact that I won't go a day without seeing at least 10 squirrels running about, not to mention all the beautiful Blue Jays, Geese, rabbits, raccoons, deer, Moose, bears and beavers you're gonna see.

MB really is a gorgeous place and just a tad more relaxed than Belfast. It definately suits me down to the ground
Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
The little darlings haven't reached our part of the City yet. I think they are a relatively recent and slow moving phenomenon.

Fish Flies out at Winnipeg Beach were a sight to see, they were piled up a foot or two deep by the road. Totally useless creatures that have no mouths and only live for a day, but there can be millions of them, they don't hurt you at all, unless you skid on a pile of a million dead ones. But it can be unnerving if you get into a swarm of them.
really? didn't see any of them last weekend (we were at Grand Beach). how big are they? Admittedly, we were lying flat with our eyes closed getting very brown, so this could be why we missed them...

The mozzies only started on the penultimate day of our trip, and it was just my left foot that they found tasty (VERY tasty, by all accounts...). Didn't touch the rest of me. Hmmm...

Got 'canker-wormed' several times - what's that all about??

The locals we spoke to at Grand Beach said there was a bear and her cubs on the actual beach itself not long ago, and that you often get them at the garbage dump. Saw lots of chipmunks in the garden of our b&b but the beavers were hiding away

That's all the wildlife we saw - apart from the zoo animals at Ass. Park.

Anita (fond memories of Manitoba (especially The Peg) - it's definitely the 'Undiscovered Province', I'd recommend it to anyone).
Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

dont forget the roadkill skunks,,, puts you off your timmies
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jamesmc
dont forget the roadkill skunks,,, puts you off your timmies
nothing could put me off timmies! only been back in the uk 3 days and already getting tim-bits withdrawal symptoms...!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:52 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

I like the really long posts from people which take up a full 17" computer screen and then the next post is:

It's fake. lol
der no shirt
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

McRae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seanyg
nothing could put me off timmies! only been back in the uk 3 days and already getting tim-bits withdrawal symptoms...!
Hi,

I found this thread while searching google and though I could help you out. I'm always out herping (searching for reptiles and amphibians) in Manitoba, lots of fun.

We have 5 species of snakes.

Northern Red Belly Snake
Red Sided Gartersnake
Plains Gartersnake
Plains hog nose snake
Smooth Green Snake

One species of lizard.

Northern Prairie Skink - Endangered species*

Two Species of Turtles.

Common Snapping Turtle
Western Painted Turtle

Three Species of Salamanders.

Grey Tiger Salamander
Blue Spotted Salamander
Mud Puppy

Five species of Toads.

Great Plains Toad
Plains Spadefoot
Eastern American Toad
Canadian Toad

Eight species of Frogs.

Northern Spring Peeper
Gray Treefrog
Cope's Gray Treefrog
Boreal Chorus Frog
Green Frog
Mink Frog
Wood Frog
Northern Leopard Frog

Some pics!

Look, we even have cacti!

You should check out Spruce Woods Provincal Park near Brandon if you can. Can find all 8 species of Manitoba's reptiles there! Beautiful rolling prairie, spruce forest and sand dunes all within kilometers of each other surrounded by farm land.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:01 pm
Happy in Canada.

It's fake. lol
Say's you? got any proof it's fake? Ever seen a large lynx like cat running wild in an urban UK setting ? No fake - well I've seen that so why can't Somthing live in the remote borel forest of North America