Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why not Manitoba or Saskatchewan?

Why not Manitoba or Saskatchewan?

Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

heycronie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why not Manitoba or Saskatchewan?

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Well, they're usually called bungalows in cities .... you usually find them in "suburbs" ...

Come on then ... you still haven't admitted where you are ...
Lol, bungalows in cities? I was in a bungalow in B.C on a camping trip, in the woods. And born and bred in Canada, sorry to be so defensive of my homeland. Do you mean condos?? And sorry, I was born Canadian and I can tell you nobody uses "Cottage" around here.

Last edited by heycronie; Mar 24th 2005 at 3:05 am.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:52 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by heycronie
Lol, bungalows in cities? I was in a bungalow in B.C on a camping trip, in the woods. And born and bred in Canada, sorry to be so defensive of my homeland. Do you mean condos??
You've really never seen a single storey house in a city?

Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
You've really never seen a single storey house in a city?
Nope, been in split level houses, condos, apartments. Sorry, nobody really ever uses the word cottage around here. But anyways dont mean to be a bastard here but im just posting my views here and screw that other person.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Nope, been in split level houses, condos, apartments. Sorry, nobody really ever uses the word cottage around here. But anyways dont mean to be a bastard here but im just posting my views here and screw that other person.
Good thing I made lots of popcorn....now I just need to find another chair........
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:01 am
Just Joined

markedel is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't know you were allowed to be Canadian and be ignorant of the word cottage.

There were lots of bungalows in the first ring suburbs of Canadian cities (a fair number in what is now Toronto, but was then North York, Scarborough etc.). Many are being renovated or rebuilt. My grandparents, for example, have lived in bungalows since they moved into them in the early 1950s.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markedel
I didn't know you were allowed to be Canadian and be ignorant of the word cottage.

There were lots of bungalows in the first ring suburbs of Canadian cities (a fair number in what is now Toronto, but was then North York, Scarborough etc.). Many are being renovated or rebuilt. My grandparents, for example, have lived in bungalows since they moved into them in the early 1950s.

Riiiiight. "Can I rent a cottage please?" "huh???????? Maybe thats true, but they DONT call them that. Holy mother.... Im Canadian and ive never heard of the word "Cottage" in my entire life sorry. Also thats great, 1950s, big change since then.

Last edited by heycronie; Mar 24th 2005 at 3:06 am.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:16 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Riiiiight. "Can I rent a cottage please?" "huh???????? Maybe thats true, but they DONT call them that. Holy mother.... Im Canadian and ive never heard of the word "Cottage" in my entire life sorry. Also thats great, 1950s, big change since then.
Er.....

http://www.cottagelife.com/htm/sco/w...sp?category=13
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markedel

Im Canadian because I was born here. A fair number in is what now is Toronto? When did you move there? 1838? Ive never been to Toronto but rest assured, they arent called cottages. In my experience arent they in the wilderness?

Last edited by heycronie; Mar 24th 2005 at 3:28 am.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:34 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience arent they in the wilderness?
If you've never heard of the word in your entire life then you have no experience to question where they are.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Iginla
If you've never heard of the word in your entire life then you have no experience to question where they are.
No, it means I have no experience in the word useage in this particular country. Do you understand? Doubt it. How long have you lived here? Ive lived in this country for 23 years, you think I would know more about it then you? Go figure.

Last edited by heycronie; Mar 24th 2005 at 3:39 am.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:45 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

No, it means I have no experience in the word useage in this particular country. Do you understand? Doubt it. How long have you lived here? Ive lived in this country for 23 years, you think I would know more about it then you? Go figure.
I thought you said you were in London, England. Confused a bit are we?

ive never heard of the word "Cottage" in my entire life sorry.
Your words. Please keep up.

Go figure.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Iginla
I thought you said you were in London, England. Confused a bit are we?

Your words. Please keep up.

Go figure.
Your right, im in England as of this MOMENT. Please keep up. I am Canadian, can I not travel to other countries? Exactly what are you trying to prove? Your own ignorance or what? You've proved it. I sense all the negativity on this post, can people not debate respectivly here? Or do you want me to call you Americans because thats what it seems like im talking to here.

Last edited by heycronie; Mar 24th 2005 at 3:55 am.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:58 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Your right, im in England as of this MOMENT. Please keep up. I am Canadian, can I not travel to other countries? Exactly what are you trying to prove? Your own ignorance or what? You've proved it. I sense all the negativity on this post, can people not debate respectivly here? Or do you want me to call you Americans because thats what it seems like im talking to here.

Troll alert....batten down the hatches.... :scared:
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dingbat
Troll alert....batten down the hatches.... :scared:
Been there, done that, on to the next topic. Amazes me that when your wrong, you deem these people trolls. Im stating my opinion, im not a troll. I'd think that a contribution to this topic would not be trolling, now what are you doing??? Trolling? Piss off.

Last edited by heycronie; Mar 24th 2005 at 4:04 am.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:08 am
Deep in the red C.

Your right, im in England as of this MOMENT.
So when you refer to "this" country people will naturally assume you are referring to where you are at that moment in time.

Is that all too complicated for little old you or do you always have trouble expressing yourself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.