Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why move to Canada?

Why move to Canada?

Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why move to Canada?

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I'm a bit bored too, perhaps we should start on wine and cheese also
That's a new one to me. What's the role of wine and cheese in auto-asphyxiation?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:45 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That's a new one to me. What's the role of wine and cheese in auto-asphyxiation?
I was refering to the way these threads just drift all over the place, and usually end up with a reference to the cost of bacon, cheese and wine thrown in.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I was refering to the way these threads just drift all over the place, and usually end up with a reference to the cost of bacon, cheese and wine thrown in.
Ah. All good reasons not to move to Canada, yes. We may see the lack of cheese as being both problematic in itself and emblematic of the rigidly functional view required to get on well here; nevermind that there's no choice of cheese, be glad that you have bread.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Ah. All good reasons not to move to Canada, yes. We may see the lack of cheese as being both problematic in itself and emblematic of the rigidly functional view required to get on well here; nevermind that there's no choice of cheese, be glad that you have bread.
'rigidly' 'functional' = 'frigid'
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a bit bored too, perhaps we should start on wine and cheese also
I can only drink sparkling wine, dont like the flat stuff, I like cheese but try not to eat too much as it is really not very good for you
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Pammy
I can only drink sparkling wine, dont like the flat stuff, I like cheese but try not to eat too much as it is really not very good for you
How is it not good for you? Full of calcium, innit?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:00 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

so really its a good thing that cheese and wine costs more.. - this is based on just comments on BE, no personal experiences may I add...

I am looking forward to the chance to buy "Goldfish" snacks for my little ones and Silk Soya for me, you can get these in the US, hoping you can in Canada
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

so really its a good thing that cheese and wine costs more.. - this is based on just comments on BE, no personal experiences may I add...

I am looking forward to the chance to buy "Goldfish" snacks for my little ones and Silk Soya for me, you can get these in the US, hoping you can in Canada
Goldfish, yes, Costco is a good source.

I'm not following how expensive wine and cheese could ever be a good thing.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:47 pm
Happy

Goldfish, yes, Costco is a good source.

I'm not following how expensive wine and cheese could ever be a good thing.
Thats great news!
Its a good thing because currently I am too fat to really be allowed to enjoy wine and cheese. if its out of my price range then that can only be good!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Thats great news!
Its a good thing because currently I am too fat to really be allowed to enjoy wine and cheese. if its out of my price range then that can only be good!
I share your concern and am considering a switch to Burgundy Lite.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:02 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Even South Africa under apartheid was more honest than the Canada of today. Corporate, Civic and National governance has abused the concept of citizenship. Skin colour plays a greater role in Canada today than it does in contemporary Jo Burg. Even S Africa has a judiciary capable of maintaining objectivity. When Canadians can halt the reduction of Canadian-ness to ice rink bloodiness, Canada may just become a nation which rewards citizenship, instead of childish bravado.
Bollocks me thinks.
Leave South Africa out of this. Did you live in SA during apartheid and after it ended? I did. I know what it was like, and what it is like now. Believe me, there is no way Canada is worse. What exactly is your experience in comparing Canada & SA?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

How is it not good for you? Full of calcium, innit?
Yes but it makes you fat and clogs your arteries
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

I share your concern and am considering a switch to Burgundy Lite.
Lite is a false doody, you have to drink more to get a hit so it costs you more and it hits the environment as you have to flush the loo more
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

OH, I ate a whole large bag of those on my flight to Jamaica as they do not give you food anymore, I felt so sick afterwards
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:22 pm
Happy

OH, I ate a whole large bag of those on my flight to Jamaica as they do not give you food anymore, I felt so sick afterwards
They didnt give you food? where we you flying from? that sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.