Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why move to Canada?

Why move to Canada?

Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:09 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why move to Canada?

Originally Posted by Squiddgelalert
As a final comment regarding Canada, I think it sucks, big time Those who got the permanent residence - fair play. But I bet you had to virtually tell them the colour of your undies to get that PR. And what right does a government have to know how much money you have? What, cant the eggheads come up with another idea? Or is it so acceptable to people now that telling the government they have x amount of dollars in the bank so they can find ways of taking it away from them? Talk about legal robbery, Canada seems to have got that down to a fine art.
A country steeped in crap like it is - you can shove it. I'm outta here very soon and my only regret is coming here. Wish me good riddance all you want, it just reinforces what I believe about Canada - keep your Vietnamese, your Asians, your Chinese because very soon you Canadians will be the minority and very soon fluttering in the breeze high above parliament wont be your beloved the Maple Leaf.

I've never experienced as many two faced, back stabbing people as I have within the last two years. UK is not perfect, but at least we dont have to complete a life story on paper to get a job.

Dont belive me? Just scroll back throught the pages and read other comments similar to mine - we cant all be wrong.
You're Michael Carroll and i claim my £1.76
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

backhomeagain will become famous soon enough

Mocol
For the first six months of living in calgary, you get the impression that everythings sweet, people are friendly - decent food and a transport system that beats all the UK has to offer. Then as time goes on you begin to realise the rose tinted glasses you previously took off, should of stayed on.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:15 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

...decent food and a transport system that beats all the UK has to offer.
I thought you were talking about Canada
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:15 pm

mocol is an unknown quantity at this point

Mocol
For the first six months of living in calgary, you get the impression that everythings sweet, people are friendly - decent food and a transport system that beats all the UK has to offer. Then as time goes on you begin to realise the rose tinted glasses you previously took off, should of stayed on.
The rose coloured glasses are long gone and we now see the county for what it is, warts and all - it sure isn't perfect but we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

actually Paul - you are quite wrong.
Had I got an extended work permit and/or our PRs - I would still question the procedure as to why it takes anything between 2 and 4 years to acquire such.
Honestly, Squiddgelalert, you seem to be such a bitter and angry person. It's honestly not a good way to live. Sure, there are sh*ts in every race, creed and religion but your enormous generalisations about people really don't reflect well upon you.

You may feel comfortable in your own bigotry but take it from somebody who's been there and done that (I won't go into details), you'll feel a lot better once you ditch it.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Paul

Of course I'm bitter and twisted - I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass, all day - every day an not allowed to work. I'm not allowed to complain as its not the correct thing to do, apparently. And the people that can sort out the problem dont even bother to respond to emails. (polite emails I might add)
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:21 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

As a final comment regarding Canada, I think it sucks, big time Those who got the permanent residence - fair play. But I bet you had to virtually tell them the colour of your undies to get that PR. And what right does a government have to know how much money you have? What, cant the eggheads come up with another idea? Or is it so acceptable to people now that telling the government they have x amount of dollars in the bank so they can find ways of taking it away from them? Talk about legal robbery, Canada seems to have got that down to a fine art.
A country steeped in crap like it is - you can shove it. I'm outta here very soon and my only regret is coming here. Wish me good riddance all you want, it just reinforces what I believe about Canada - keep your Vietnamese, your Asians, your Chinese because very soon you Canadians will be the minority and very soon fluttering in the breeze high above parliament wont be your beloved the Maple Leaf.

I've never experienced as many two faced, back stabbing people as I have within the last two years. UK is not perfect, but at least we dont have to complete a life story on paper to get a job.

Dont belive me? Just scroll back throught the pages and read other comments similar to mine - we cant all be wrong.
good riddance
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:27 pm

Hey Paul

Of course I'm bitter and twisted - I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass, all day - every day an not allowed to work. I'm not allowed to complain as its not the correct thing to do, apparently. And the people that can sort out the problem dont even bother to respond to emails. (polite emails I might add)
I don't want to pry Squiddgealert but what happened you make you feel so bitter about Canada?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:41 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mocol
I don't want to pry Squiddgealert but what happened you make you feel so bitter about Canada?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...37#post8320837
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Mocol
Jibes from muppets like Del boy for one thing

Failure to understand why HRSDC/SC is witholding an LMO from an employer, (refused 3 times) - when I have been offered two jobs.

Having to rely on government handouts when they insisit I look for work. Then told I cannot work
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:49 pm

Thanks iaink. We've been messed around workwise since we came here too. OH is on fourth job and we've been on EI. We're not bitter or hold it against the country. It's not been easy at times but when we hear tales of what the UK is like now it makes it easier to bear.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not allowed to complain as its not the correct thing to do, apparently.
You've every right to complain (feel free to, as long as you stick within the site rules), but comments like "think of all those Chinese, Colombians, Vietnamese, Asians, and Africans taking over the Maple leaf." and "keep your Vietnamese, your Asians, your Chinese" seem to me to have nothing at all to do with your LMO problems and seem unlikely to gain you any sympathy.

As for delboy, well, you did ask for it

Last edited by iaink; Feb 19th 2010 at 3:53 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

The UK is coming out of the recession Mocol, like any other country it will take time to get back on its feet. If you look at UK job sites like Trovit, you will see there are loads of work available.
Wife is contracted to work for her company until this November. Thats when our permits expire - and thats why I cannot go home until then.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:53 pm

Mocol
Jibes from muppets like Del boy for one thing

Failure to understand why HRSDC/SC is witholding an LMO from an employer, (refused 3 times) - when I have been offered two jobs.

Having to rely on government handouts when they insisit I look for work. Then told I cannot work
I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you. What do you think the future holds for you - will you be staying here. Friends and family back in the UK tell us constantly that we did the right thing in leaving and we have to agree. If you had found a steady job when you got here do you think you would be feeling differently about the place now - I suspect you might be.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:54 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Failures are usually the most conceited of men: - D.H. Lawrence.
I like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.