Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to move to Canada

Why do you want to move to Canada

Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you want to move to Canada

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Funny how that thread has derailed
Please feel free to guide us back to the point. Which was I believe that you're a twit?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:43 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Funny how that thread has derailed
Most threads are.............eventually............
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:43 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Please feel free to guide us back to the point. Which was I believe that you're a twat?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:45 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Most threads are.............eventually............
Well, yes. I'm just using it to increase the size of my epenis. I'm not sure it's actually working.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:45 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Oi.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:46 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Please feel free to guide us back to the point. Which was I believe that you're a twit?
If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war chav would have been hanged.

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Well, yes. I'm just using it to increase the size of my epenis. I'm not sure it's actually working.
what your epenis?? that's a shame hun, need a cyber hand?

Oi.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:50 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Oink
If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war chav would have been hanged.
Thread-stopper. And about time.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:26 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
The GTA too has many areas that can be subdivided and named, just as London has it boroughs
Our tabloids read just like the UK ones, Crime, incompetent government, schools failing, too many immigrants
Canadians justifications for leaving are almost the same as the Uk, but I sincerely believe that their grievance with weather is justified
I doubt any CDN political party would allow this crap though, unlike the Welsh BNP

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=432_1257223111
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

I doubt that is true. Lets of some examples of institutions or things that made Canada a more developed country?
In 1963 the UK there was still a housing shortage and availability of mortgages was poor, most people still had no bank accouts except for the GPO and few had cars. You had to wait in line to buy a new car and banks rarely loaned to buy a car. New cars were in short supply and a 6 months wait for one was the norm. Food was very expensive.

My standard of living took a big increase on arrival in Canada. My salary doubled and I was able to buy a new house and car in the first year. I was able to take my family on its first vacation in 1964 and my wife could stay at home.

The UK may have improved in many ways but one thing that does seem to have changed since 1963 is that the UK has lost much of what made it a country to be proud of. Germany and France have become the dominant European coutries and the UK is comparable to countries like Spain. Most of it's best people still leave the country for greener fields, much like the Irish used to do.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:28 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith
In 1963 the UK there was still a housing shortage and availability of mortgages was poor, most people still had no bank accouts except for the GPO and few had cars. You had to wait in line to buy a new car and banks rarely loaned to buy a car. New cars were in short supply and a 6 months wait for one was the norm. Food was very expensive.

My standard of living took a big increase on arrival in Canada. My salary doubled and I was able to buy a new house and car in the first year. I was able to take my family on its first vacation in 1964 and my wife could stay at home.

The UK may have improved in many ways but one thing that does seem to have changed since 1963 is that the UK has lost much of what made it a country to be proud of. Germany and France have become the dominant European coutries and the UK is comparable to countries like Spain. Most of it's best people still leave the country for greener fields, much like the Irish used to do.
Your salary doubled and you could buy a house and a car means that Canada was more developed That's not what I call empirical evidence.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Your salary doubled and you could buy a house and a car means that Canada was more developed That's not what I call empirical evidence.
How old are you?
I was answering the quote as it appeared to me and all I can tell you is that to me Canada was a big step up in both cost of living decrease and the availability of what was considered luxury in the in the UK at that time..
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:24 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the thread was dead, oh well...

What do you think the UK has lost? I wasn't around in 1963, but certainly see it as a much better place now than when I was growing up in the 70's, and certainly much better than it was in the mid 1980's. I think it is a much more diverse, cosmopolitan and tolerant country than it was. I am trying to think what specifically there was to be proud of then.
Which 'best people' are you thinking of? In terms of something like the comparison of universities around the world, the UK continues to do extremely well whatever the criteria - especially considering its lack of resources relative to the large American institutions.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:34 pm

How old are you?
I was answering the quote as it appeared to me and all I can tell you is that to me Canada was a big step up in both cost of living decrease and the availability of what was considered luxury in the in the UK at that time..
Canada may have represented a better opportunity for you personally to acquire the trappings of wealth. This doesn't mean that it was more developed which leads me back to the original question - what non anecdotal evidence do you have to suggest that Canada was 'more developed' than the UK in 1963. Was it more democratic? Was it's human rights better? Was the infrastructure better? Was there more social justice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.