Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to move to Canada

Why do you want to move to Canada

Old Nov 11th 2009, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

dorsetgal will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Why do you want to move to Canada

as with anything in life - Canada nor the UK is a Utopia.

There are good and bad on both sides and it would be a mass generalisation to say Canada is better than the UK.

It depends on the individual and a mountain of other thiings e.g money, hardness to weather conditions, kids, family, etc.

Last edited by dorsetgal; Nov 11th 2009 at 1:21 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

dorsetgal will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tangram
The whole of England ? Wow, you HAVE travelled

Yeh and he obviously has a art for using long descriptive sentances and an eye for generalisations! Get a grip and grow up!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 1:26 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Dorsetgirl, you are commenting on posts 690 places behind where this thread it at now
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:14 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Dorsetgirl, you are commenting on posts 690 places behind where this thread it at now
And where is that exactly?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:37 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
you really ought to quit while you are ahead.
When did he get ahead?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:44 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Aviator
When did he get ahead?
When he got a hat.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartianTom
'Cos The Daily Mail is a nasty, small-minded, vindictive, xenophobic, homophobic, bigoted, prejudice-pandering, mob-stoking, hate-mongering, cynically populist, ad hominem arse-wipe of a paper. You can still wipe your arse on The Guardian, but it's none of the other things.

And yes, yes... 'Why is it, then, that so many people read The Daily Mail?' Christ knows. Because they're all British, I guess.
Oh ok!

Apart from that though, its ok? lol
Old Nov 11th 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SirTainly
When he got a hat.
Took hat off at 11th hour today, and it occurred to me that a huge plus for Canada are the historical links with Britain. Projecting a future wherein such links and customs are withered away is not too attractive eh Dboy n Aviator?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:01 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
Took hat off at 11th hour today, and it occurred to me that a huge plus for Canada are the historical links with Britain. Projecting a future wherein such links and customs are withered away is not too attractive eh Dboy n Aviator?
And what are you basing your assumption on that such customs will 'wither'

Canada is quite capable of exercising its own traditions and customs. I've been to many RCMP law enforcement memorial services where we've managed quite swimmingly on our tod. Here is one I was at last week in Seattle for murdered member Tim Brenton:

[ATTACH]87128

I hope you are just a troll, or you really are the biggest twit i've encountered on here.
Attached Thumbnails Why do you want to move to Canada-11255_171705652319_823717319_2779984_6500584_n.jpg  
Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:04 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

And what are you basing your assumption on that such customs will 'wither'

Canada is quite capable of exercising its own traditions and customs. I've been to many RCMP law enforcement memorial services where we've managed quite swimmingly on our tod. Here is one I was at last week in Seattle for murdered member Tim Brenton:

[ATTACH]87128

I hope you are just a troll, or you really are the biggest twit i've encountered on here.
Er .... isn't seattle in the US?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:11 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Tim Brenton was a Seattle police officer, so I guess it seemed a pretty good place to have the memorial service. It's mutual support for law endorsement services.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:12 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Come on alan, you're not that stupid nor callous. It was still a showing of Canadian law enforcement, flying our colours, wearing our traditional uniform, demonstrating our history and traditions as Canada's national police force to show support as many US forces did in Edmonton following the murders of 4 of our own in Mayerthorpe in 2005.

Point being that we have our traditions and customs beyond the common links we have with blighty and i highly doubt that they are in danger of 'withering'.

Last edited by dboy; Nov 11th 2009 at 5:15 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:49 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Libertay
Sorry if this is off topic but could someone let me know the standard working hours in a day for Vancouver BC?
I believe the standard working hours in Vancouver are pretty much the same as anywhere else in the world. 12 midnight to 12 midnight.

As Rich inferred working hours are dependent on occupation and level of seniority.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:25 pm

Come on alan, you're not that stupid nor callous. It was still a showing of Canadian law enforcement, flying our colours, wearing our traditional uniform, demonstrating our history and traditions as Canada's national police force to show support as many US forces did in Edmonton following the murders of 4 of our own in Mayerthorpe in 2005.

Point being that we have our traditions and customs beyond the common links we have with blighty and i highly doubt that they are in danger of 'withering'.
Fair enough. Copper solidarity isn't uniquely Canadian, but the mountie uniform is; which I guess was your point in the first place.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:03 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Too many niggly little argumentative threads here of late in my opinion. Why cant we all just get along
How can that be possible? I mean according to some it's only me thats niggly and argumentative just for the hell of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.