Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to move to Canada

Why do you want to move to Canada

Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:34 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you want to move to Canada

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well yes. But your post was tongue in cheek to begin with, so stop being pedantic.

I would've voted for more hanky-panky in government with KGB linked call girls.

It's been all downhill since then.
I wasn't the one who was making points of order when it comes to dates.

And anyway, given the Robbins Report of 1963 and with Sussex, Keele, York and East Anglia all being built before 1964 government policy for the next 10 year could have been quite easily inferred.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I wasn't the one who was making points of order when it comes to dates.

And anyway, given the Robbins Report of 1963 and with Sussex, Keele, York and East Anglia all being built before 1964 government policy for the next 10 year could have been quite easily inferred.
Not a point worth arguing over.

Pax vobiscum.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Yes, in 1997 William Hague said the Conservatives would win the next election. It was good enough for me. I was off.
Because, of course, New Labour have done such a great job
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:46 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Better than Hague I would imagine, he drank 14 pints of beer a day.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:11 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
They were doing great in 1997.

I have an image in my head of Hague giving a speech to the Tory conference when he was about 15. It makes me shudder to this day.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:16 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
They were doing great in 1997.

I have an image in my head of Hague giving a speech to the Tory conference when he was about 15. It makes me shudder to this day.
I had high hopes for that labour party - but the rot set in after a couple of years (most notably after 9/11). It's thanks to those c**** that I dislike governments; I guess I ought to thank them really.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:17 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I had high hopes for that labour party - but the rot set in after a couple of years (most notably after 9/11). It's thanks to those c**** that I dislike governments; I guess I ought to thank them really.
the "C" word Al....................
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:18 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
I'm a bit of an anarchist now. But the lazy hypocritical kind that doesn't actually do anything.

Edit: To respond to your edit; yes - i stand by my statement
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit of an anarchist now. But the lazy hypocritical kind that doesn't actually do anything.
A bit like Noam Chomsky, then?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:24 pm

Yes, quite a bit actually. Though I think he is naive in that he expects people to be nice to each other. Oh, you meant lazy and hypocritical - yes, then exactly like that.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:29 pm

Yeah, he's barely published anything, the lazy bastard.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:31 pm
Born again atheist

Yes, quite a bit actually. Though I think he is naive in that he expects people to be nice to each other. Oh, you meant lazy and hypocritical - yes, then exactly like that.
No, I meant the be nice to each other bit. Chomsky isn't hypocritical (much) and it's a bit much to call him lazy at his age.

His transformational grammar was enough to fry my OH's brains back in the early 70's though. I blame him for that.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Oink
Yeah, he's barely published anything, the lazy bastard.
The comparison between me and him breaks down on a number of points. The amount of publishing is not the greatest of them which is that he's actually clever.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how that thread has derailed
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Funny how that thread has derailed
It's 28 pages ffs. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.