Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Funny I left to get away from the Tree huggers like Bazz here, they are the ones that made the UK as sh*t as it has become so thought u guys would prefer to stay there and enjoy the fruits of your labour!
Why then did you go to Canada, a place with an ethos of multi-culturalism, where immigrants are specifically not expected to blend but to hypenate? There are few, if any, places in the UK with as many non-white, non-English-speaking people as Toronto. Did you consider other destinations?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:16 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
Why then did you go to Canada, a place with an ethos of multi-culturalism, where immigrants are specifically not expected to blend but to hypenate? There are few, if any, places in the UK with as many non-white, non-English-speaking people as Toronto. Did you consider other destinations?
Well I dont live in TO and never would, its not a true indication of what Canada is all about despite what a lot of immigrants think (Canada is to me about the great north and the outdoors and a burly guy with a lumberjack shirt on - ok a cliche but u get my point, multicultural TO is what Canada is becoming and will be). Also despite the huge multiculturalism there are also a lot of mostly mono cultural areas too (such as Brampton, Stoney Creek, Burlington/Oakville, Scarboro, and my Italian buddy has just bought a condo in little Italy with lots of other Italians depending what ur cup of tea is), then if u look at where a lot of the 2nd to 10th generations Canadians have moved too in Ontario at least places like Huntsville, northern haliburton, georgian bay etc you have the typical lumberjack Canadian lifestyle for want of a better cliche again so you do still have a choice on how you want to live rather than forced into something no matter what ur preferences is. As for multiculturalism here IMO its also much better than the UK, most people i.e all the Italians, Polish and Portugeuse etc Ive made friends with and met yes wave their flag a fair bit but give a lot to Canada too rather than trying to milk the country for all its got, there are of course as always a lot of exceptions to this rule but its not as bad as the UK and besides my reasons for emmigrating were not soley based on mono and multi cultural areas, I wanted a life rather than to just exist from pay check to pay check, more space, more access to do the fun stuff in life and the outdoors and a lot better weather and yes I love winters in ON as much as summers.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Well I dont live in TO and never would, its not a true indication of what Canada is all about despite what a lot of immigrants think (Canada is to me about the great north and the outdoors and a burly guy with a lumberjack shirt on - ok a cliche but u get my point, multicultural TO is what Canada is becoming and will be). Also despite the huge multiculturalism there are also a lot of mostly mono cultural areas too (such as Brampton, Stoney Creek, Burlington/Oakville, Scarboro, and my Italian buddy has just bought a condo in little Italy with lots of other Italians depending what ur cup of tea is), then if u look at where a lot of the 2nd to 10th generations Canadians have moved too in Ontario at least places like Huntsville, northern haliburton, georgian bay etc you have the typical lumberjack Canadian lifestyle for want of a better cliche again so you do still have a choice on how you want to live rather than forced into something no matter what ur preferences is. As for multiculturalism here IMO its also much better than the UK, most people i.e all the Italians, Polish and Portugeuse etc Ive made friends with and met yes wave their flag a fair bit but give a lot to Canada too rather than trying to milk the country for all its got, there are of course as always a lot of exceptions to this rule but its not as bad as the UK and besides my reasons for emmigrating were not soley based on mono and multi cultural areas, I wanted a life rather than to just exist from pay check to pay check, more space, more access to do the fun stuff in life and the outdoors and a lot better weather and yes I love winters in ON as much as summers.
I get worn out reading your run on sentences and your spelling mistakes. I'd be interested to know more about this typical lumberjack Canadian lifestyle that you talk about.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:28 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by clynnog
I get worn out reading your run on sentences and your spelling mistakes. I'd be interested to know more about this typical lumberjack Canadian lifestyle that you talk about.
Sorry my degree education is not good enough for you proffessor, Im a lazy as texter and typer as most younger people are now and if you dont like reading what I write then dont, nobody is forcing you to so why dont you mind ur own business and quit attacking people or have you nothing better to do in your sad little existance?

As for the steroptypical canadian lumberjack lifestyle I guess if u dont know of it and havent experienced it here yet then stay in ur big city, ull be much happier there.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:28 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry my degree education is not good enough for you proffessor, Im a lazy as texter and typer as most younger people are now and if you dont like reading what I write then dont, nobody is forcing you to so why dont you mind ur own business and quit attacking people or have you nothing better to do in your sad little existance?

As for the steroptypical canadian lumberjack lifestyle I guess if u dont know of it and havent experienced it here yet then stay in ur big city, ull be much happier there.

Hey Mikey.....that's a bit rude isn't it? I have to confess to finding some of your posts a tad difficult. See, the way I look at it is this.......this isn't a mobile phone where each letter is counted. On here we have unlimited space, so have the room to actually use the language in a way that's understandable to the majority of users. There's also spellcheck.......see up in the right hand corner of the dialogue box? It might make your posts as interesting as you intend them to be if they were tidied up a bit......
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:20 pm
No time for muppets!

Originally Posted by oldbag
Hey Mikey.....that's a bit rude isn't it? I have to confess to finding some of your posts a tad difficult. See, the way I look at it is this.......this isn't a mobile phone where each letter is counted. On here we have unlimited space, so have the room to actually use the language in a way that's understandable to the majority of users. There's also spellcheck.......see up in the right hand corner of the dialogue box? It might make your posts as interesting as you intend them to be if they were tidied up a bit......
No its not rude at all, infact Im defending myself after whoever he was was rude to me, complaining about my length of posts and my spelling, he hit me where it hurt my spelling skills. If he doesnt like how much I write dont read it and certainly dont complain about it and also I didnt know we were in a spelling bee! Yes ur right I cud spell check but Im too lazy too - my bad! I spend my whole proffessional life trying to be proper so excuse me for being relaxed & not giving a crap about the insignificant details in my personal life, again my bad.

Ive lived here for over 3 years and done a lot in that time and Im just trying to be helpful and pass on information to people so they can learn from my (and everyone elses) experience. Im not the one going round bashing people complaining about their posts and spelling skills but I certainly will defend myself if attacked cus there is simply no need for it or their certainly is a more polite way to put it.

Ive noticed there is unfortunatly a small group of people on the BE forum (as there is with anywhere in life) that arent interested in just laying down facts for people and beign helpful they actually want to stir up trouble, complain about others and basically play the do-gooder and hene trouble maker role (everyone Im sure knows who I mean). Im sorry but this is not some soap box for people to slag other people off its a place for people to get answers and pass on experiences and information for others which is a shame cus as usual it spoils it for the majority. If everyone else would let everyone just be and mind their own business then the world and this forum would be simpler place, after all no one is forcing you to read my posts.

Sorry for the long post couldnt resist
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

No its not rude at all, infact Im defending myself after whoever he was was rude to me, complaining about my length of posts and my spelling, he hit me where it hurt my spelling skills. If he doesnt like how much I write dont read it and certainly dont complain about it and also I didnt know we were in a spelling bee! Yes ur right I cud spell check but Im too lazy too - my bad! I spend my whole proffessional life trying to be proper so excuse me for being relaxed & not giving a crap about the insignificant details in my personal life, again my bad.

Ive lived here for over 3 years and done a lot in that time and Im just trying to be helpful and pass on information to people so they can learn from my (and everyone elses) experience. Im not the one going round bashing people complaining about their posts and spelling skills but I certainly will defend myself if attacked cus there is simply no need for it or their certainly is a more polite way to put it.

Ive noticed there is unfortunatly a small group of people on the BE forum (as there is with anywhere in life) that arent interested in just laying down facts for people and beign helpful they actually want to stir up trouble, complain about others and basically play the do-gooder and hene trouble maker role (everyone Im sure knows who I mean). Im sorry but this is not some soap box for people to slag other people off its a place for people to get answers and pass on experiences and information for others which is a shame cus as usual it spoils it for the majority. If everyone else would let everyone just be and mind their own business then the world and this forum would be simpler place, after all no one is forcing you to read my posts.

Sorry for the long post couldnt resist
At least you use paragraphs that's a blessing
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:36 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

No its not rude at all, infact Im defending myself after whoever he was was rude to me, complaining about my length of posts and my spelling, he hit me where it hurt my spelling skills.
If you consider clynnog's remarks rude, you need a thicker skin, or to grow up. I'd take the comment as constructive criticism rather than throwing your toys out of the pram.

Present your comments in a more rational manner, and in a format that is easily read and understood, and you may have a more sympathetic audience.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:05 pm
No time for muppets!

Originally Posted by R I C H
If you consider clynnog's remarks rude, you need a thicker skin, or to grow up. I'd take the comment as constructive criticism rather than throwing your toys out of the pram.

Present your comments in a more rational manner, and in a format that is easily read and understood, and you may have a more sympathetic audience.
Thanks Rich Ill be sure to really take that under advisement (really) and be sure to give it the attention it truly deserves cus (sorry because) having a sympathetic audience rather than one that gets the facts is so so so important to me and I say that with such sincerity as I can clearly respect you as a human being

I even spell checked that one! Arent you proud of me Dad?

Oh & thanks for the paragraph blessing Elaine, have some karma for that! (If Only I could give out anti-karma, hmmmmm)

Goodnight

Last edited by Mikey B; Jun 7th 2008 at 8:12 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
I'd be interested to know more about this typical lumberjack Canadian lifestyle that you talk about.
That'll be us.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 12:13 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

a lot of the 2nd to 10th generations Canadians have moved too in Ontario at least
I'm interested to know how many 10th generation Canadians you know.........
Old Jun 8th 2008, 12:30 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That'll be us.
There's trees in ON?
Old Jun 8th 2008, 1:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
There's trees in ON?
Temagami. Rich country for logging.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
There's trees in ON?
Not once dbd33 the lumberjack gets at them with his chainsaw
Old Jun 8th 2008, 7:41 pm
No time for muppets!

Originally Posted by oldbag
I'm interested to know how many 10th generation Canadians you know.........
Well for starters theres the OH's adopted kids, 1 is Eskimo from Tuk, the other Native Cree band and I have been lucky enough to meet some of their family as its an open adoption but as for actual European descent Canadians maybe 10th Gen is pushing it at least cple of generations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.