Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

Originally Posted by dbd33
What you don't seem to realize is that the term yids or yid-army refers not only to Jewish people but, in the football context, to supporters of Tottenham, regardless of their religion. I used to stand next to an Indian who'd scream Yiddo! along with the rest of us. It's exactly like the N word in that that has become acceptable in the mouths of the people who've reclaimed it, the rap band NWA, for example.

You allude to Jimmy Greaves and to having been a fan since the fifties, it seems to me that your knowledge of the Spurs is as dated as your politics. How long have you been gone?
As a Jewish Spurs supporter originally from Stamford Hill, i don't find it offensive at all, it's just part of the culture.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:00 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by didikai
Do you know where Tottenham is?
11th in the league with 28 points, 1 place and 1 point above Newcastle.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:35 am
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

You allude to Jimmy Greaves and to having been a fan since the fifties, it seems to me that your knowledge of the Spurs is as dated as your politics. How long have you been gone?
Well I know Jeremy Beadle just died. He was the MP for Northumberland Park.
And played for Spurs right up until the week before he died.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:37 am
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
As a Jewish Spurs supporter originally from Stamford Hill, i don't find it offensive at all, it's just part of the culture.
I've been waiting for someone to think of this one.
It took you long enough.
So....er...whereabouts in Stamford Hill?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I know Jeremy Beadle just died. He was the MP for Northumberland Park.
And played for Spurs right up until the week before he died.
How long gone?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:29 pm
Banned

How long gone?
I know the answer to this one...
He's the Korean winger who plays for Spurs.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Well I know Jeremy Beadle just died.

I didn't.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:21 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Beadle played for Tottenham Hotspur?

Would explain their lack of silverware in recent times.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

<removed quote>

Last edited by Biiiiink; Feb 2nd 2008 at 9:10 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been waiting for someone to think of this one.
It took you long enough.
So....er...whereabouts in Stamford Hill?
Rostrevor Avenue, just of Tottenham high road
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:01 pm
Banned

Rostrevor Avenue, just of Tottenham high road
Been on Mapquest have you?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would an established poster of consistent opinions suddenly pretend to be from somewhere he's not? If someone were to do such a thing why, dear God, would they pretend to be from Tottenham?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol Now why would I make it up

My grandmother owned that house since 1947, I brought it off her in 1997 and only relatively recently moved away. Sadly I lived there when T&S tyres was on the corner. Also my locals where a bit Crap like "The Golden Stool" but I brought a couple of cars from the Car Auction next to the bridge down towards Seven Sisters. And if you think I'm looking on Mapquest, that's been replaced by new flats, 5 years ago. I used to have an office in the Lea Valley Technopark , on the One Way System, and do evening courses at Tottenham college before they put that nice extention on.

Now I don't know how old you are but I have been involved or living in that area for 36 years, which could be longer than you have been alive. So don't make assumptions.

You just end up looking like a tosser

JOnathan
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:05 am
Banned

lol Now why would I make it up

My grandmother owned that house since 1947, I brought it off her in 1997 and only relatively recently moved away. Sadly I lived there when T&S tyres was on the corner. Also my locals where a bit Crap like "The Golden Stool" but I brought a couple of cars from the Car Auction next to the bridge down towards Seven Sisters. And if you think I'm looking on Mapquest, that's been replaced by new flats, 5 years ago. I used to have an office in the Lea Valley Technopark , on the One Way System, and do evening courses at Tottenham college before they put that nice extention on.

Now I don't know how old you are but I have been involved or living in that area for 36 years, which could be longer than you have been alive. So don't make assumptions.

You just end up looking like a tosser

JOnathan
Nice try sunshine.
You obviuosly are not familiar with the area.
Why don't you tell everyone who you really are and where you really come from.
Sometimes Google isn't your friend
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

Nice try sunshine.
You obviuosly are not familiar with the area.
Why don't you tell everyone who you really are and where you really come from.
Sometimes Google isn't your friend
You've been gone for, what, forty years? You don't know what Spurs supporters are called. How familar are you with the area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.