Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:20 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
The difference is when we move to Canada we will RESPECT the nation we have moved to. Live by their laws and culture and it is WE who have to fit in there not Canada bow down on bended knee to please me or my family...if we don't like then we can pack up and P**S off but the spinless pricks running this country aint got the balls to say or deliver that.
There are plenty of urban areas in Canada where having a white face can feel uncomfortable and/or alien. Don't expect some aspects of imigration to be different here, but in my experience there's more tolerance and acceptance of individuals desire to maintain cultural ties and lifestyles than in the UK.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
There is no difference in EU Migrants coming to the UK for a better life than you going to Canada for a better life.
Nope. APart from "I hate immigrants. It's time to move to another country" and not realizing that what you do is turn in to an immigrant.

A tad bit hypocritical, me thinks.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:24 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
What? Wait!

Rich, are you from Cheltenham??

I was living there up until september, between St Pauls and Pitville.

Fell off my chair the other day when I saw Swedish TV was to start broadcasting Risky Business about The Big Sleep in Cheltenham near Cambury Place. I had my office down there.

All I saw now was "Hester's Way" and dropped my jaw.
I commuted to Cheltenham for work for over 8yrs - lived in various small villages near Evesham. Worked in Montpellier Walk, Imperial Square, Crescent Place and in Whittington too. Lots of good memories of that area.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

I totally agree with Pompeboy, we are all coming to Canada to work. But it is a shame that the UK cannot learn lessons in the area of immigration as Canada will not let you in unless one can contribute, have finances, have a good education or start own business.

It has been reported that due to the backlog of immigration applications which have been piled in a room for 10 years these applicants will be granted automatic rights to UK citizenship - both applicant and all their family members.

Don't get me wrong - I do not object to anyone coming to UK so long as they work just like I have too! Some immigrants have come from awlful backgrounds, war, genecide, lost all their family etc.

Unfortunately this country has lost it's mind with all the political correctness, criminals with more rights than the victims............ the list is simply endless! England has no future for anyone, especially youngsters - parental control, government control, police control has simply gone.

We are leaving and it couldn't be sooner! I will never step foot back in this country...........why would I?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

I understand I will be a migrant when I get there, but it's cost me a zillion pounds, months and months of hard focused graft, I've had jump through 7 hoops, sell everything I've worked the last 22 years for and get a job, and prove I will be 100% self sufficient without taking $0.01 from the Canadian system, this is all even before I do actually get there, that was my point, not taring all EU with the same brush, I appologise if I have been mis-understood.

Chris.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:40 pm
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by Tracie107
England has no future for anyone, especially youngsters - parental control, government control, police control has simply gone.
That's quite a statement. Suggests anarchy is rife.

You might enjoy a book written by my grandfather on the subject He was an Italian migrant to the UK, BTW.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by R I C H
Chill young Portsmouth dude. That's not really the comparison he made, is it?

Complaining about immigration per se is rather ironic when you're a potential immigrant yourself - I believe that was the point Danny was making.
Ok I am chilled...sorry..Lol
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:46 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe not the reason for the move but the DEMANDS they insist on and Complain about when they get here is a different matter.
Plenty of immigrant Brits moan and complain about life in Canada, especially when it comes to work. They cannot seem to understand that their 10yrs experience in [insert job here] that they got in the UK, is now worthless in Canada. It's the same for the Polish Doctor who is now working as a dishwasher in some London restaurant.

Anyone who says they are leaving the UK because of the influx of immigrants has got a nasty shock waiting for them when they arrive in Canada...
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute

'takes rose tinted spec's off' - nope......still better than the UK
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:52 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracie107
I totally agree with Pompeboy, we are all coming to Canada to work. But it is a shame that the UK cannot learn lessons in the area of immigration as Canada will not let you in unless one can contribute, have finances, have a good education or start own business.
LMAO Oh dearie me. If that statement wasn't so utterly and completely wrong, it would be funny. Have you any idea what the single largest immigration class into Canada is? Yes that would be FAMILY, the large extended families from countries that you loathe so much, who also come into the UK. The large families where only one member speaks English and the rest do not, the large families who often end up on Income Assistance within months of arrival, the large families who have little or no education from their home countries and do not ever integrate into the stereotypical Canadian way of life, because they do not have to here. People from these familiar backgrounds do not start sustainable businesses with money they bring in. They do attract the same level of ignorance though.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Plenty of immigrant Brits moan and complain about life in Canada, especially when it comes to work. They cannot seem to understand that their 10yrs experience in [insert job here] that they got in the UK, is now worthless in Canada. It's the same for the Polish Doctor who is now working as a dishwasher in some London restaurant.

Anyone who says they are leaving the UK because of the influx of immigrants has got a nasty shock waiting for them when they arrive in Canada...
Once again I will say that I dont think its because of the influx of immigrants to the UK taht is the main problem, its the sad fact that they have to do **** all when they get there..they are given all the financial help, housing, mobile phones, money to open a bank account etc..etc..etc..
Thats not to say that all immigrants to the UK are spongers but they should not be letting any in that are not prepared to speak or at least learn the language and pay their own way
All the stuff that most people have to work for years to get..
When you come to Canada you have to work, fit in and earn your keep..and most if not all the schools teach and speak English/French..
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe not the reason for the move but the DEMANDS they insist on and Complain about when they get here is a different matter.
Many, if not most, of those from the new EU states (eg Poland) etc are not making any demands. Just getting on with working and building a life for themselves, or daving up enough money to take back home.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
Many, if not most, of those from the new EU states (eg Poland) etc are not making any demands. Just getting on with working and building a life for themselves, or daving up enough money to take back home.
I agree, before I left I knew many Polish workers, bus drivers etc. and in general the Poles were never a problem to the local Police..Now The Albanians were a different matter, a certain knife carrying culture came in to play with them.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:09 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

Immigration may be a factor in the horrid state of affairs in some areas of the UK, it is in London for sure, but I don’t think that the blame is only on the immigrants or their receptive communities, but the British culture and government not having any infrastructure to integrate them. There is a crisis in some areas in schools, employment, NHS & housing.

The reason we called it a day, was shortly after 3 break-ins on our cars in a couple of months, my 12 year old daughter traveling on a bus with a friend. Was set on by 9 Asian teenagers, one of who stamped on her face till she was unconscious fracturing her skull. I thought that seeing the police doing such an excellent job, and the courts giving out a proper sentence would make us feel better, it didn’t. for a start Canada has a Samaritan law. The 25 or so passengers who did nothing in the UK would have been more likely to have done something. I can’t really see racially motivated crime being so prevalent in Canada.

The state pension I have paid into for the last 20+ years will have no value when I retire at 65.

The assault is only the urgency of immigrating, overall quality of life is the one that make Canada the only choice.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Never said I was did I

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.