Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:32 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

Oh come on - there are lots of great places to live in the UK, as well as all the "chav" ridden dumps. It's no different here.....
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I love the UK!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:34 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by montgomail
I love the UK!!
Good for you.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:16 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
You mean heart-rending. Or gut-wrenching. Not heart-wrenching. Or the icky sounding gut-rending.

Monkeys at the zoo.
Flinging shit everywhere.
The little bastards.

This forum needs more haiku.
More Haiku from you.
Too much ado.
It won't do.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Not sure if any of you over there have been exposed to the story of Gary Newlove which has caused shockwaves throughout the UK in the last few days.
Briefly, he went out to challenge youths who we're damaging cars in his street in Warrington. As a result of this, he was kicked to death, in front of his daughters and wife, by a gang of drunken youths.
Thankfully, 3 of these scum have just been convicted of his murder. The statement made by Helen Newlove after the trial was absolutely heart wrenching.
Unfortunately, cases like this are becoming more prevalent. Gangs of feral youths are terrorising neighbourhoods with the police apparently powerless to control them. This alone is enough for me and my family to get the hell out of here. We hope to be out there this year and we will not be looking back.
Have any of you signed the e-petition to the PM in an effort to make them gain more control over this breed of scum? In case you haven't come across it, here is the website:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/teenagegangs/

It might not have any effect on our British government, but hell, it's worth a shot of us all having a voice on how sick to the back teeth we are of seeing how ordinary, hard working and proud folk are the real victims in most urban towns & cities throughout the UK.....lets try and make a stand and sort it out!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:22 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Illegal Immigrants.
Steal our jobs.
Sod this, I'm off to Canada.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 10:43 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Illegal Immigrants.
Steal our jobs.
nice haiku with a little jibe in there too
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light

!

Last edited by NatsnSid; Jan 19th 2008 at 1:43 pm. Reason: Just no point!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:19 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Illegal Immigrants.
Steal our jobs.
And of course this never happens in Canada!
From reading this thread it appears that most Brits want to leave the UK because of immigration - legal and otherwise, and open warfare from yobs.........am I correct?
Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:26 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

Originally Posted by oldbag
From reading this thread it appears that most Brits want to leave the UK because of immigration - legal and otherwise, and open warfare from yobs.........am I correct?
i have sat in starbucks in London (UK) and Van.
watching people going to work in the morning, in London, they are misserable, grey even, heads down, avaoiding eye contact etc. In Van, they sprint around, always with a smile on thier face, cup of Jo in thier hands.

Canda even has a samaritain law, you are compeled to help someone in need of assistance. i guess its a mind set.

Why immigration is blamed i dont know, as Canda probably has as many incoming imigrants from similar location as the UK. Maybe canada recives them better?

its just a fact, people smile there more.

belive me i'm not so keen on cold weather. but that would effect happiness for me.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:15 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marclouis
i have sat in starbucks in London (UK) and Van.
watching people going to work in the morning, in London, they are misserable, grey even, heads down, avaoiding eye contact etc. In Van, they sprint around, always with a smile on thier face, cup of Jo in thier hands.

Canda even has a samaritain law, you are compeled to help someone in need of assistance. i guess its a mind set.

Why immigration is blamed i dont know, as Canda probably has as many incoming imigrants from similar location as the UK. Maybe canada recives them better?

belive me i'm not so keen on cold weather. but that would effect happiness for me.
I work in Stratford, Ontario in a very large office where I see miserable Canadians trudging in, every day, clutching their cup of Timmy's. I just want people contemplating a move to this country, it's not all smiles and "have a good day". And yes, there is a "samaritan" law....doesn't mean people abide by it. There's also a law against theft and murder..........need I say more.

Hint..........use spellcheck, it'll make it easier to unravel what you're trying to say.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

I work in Stratford, Ontario in a very large office where I see miserable Canadians trudging in, every day, clutching their cup of Timmy's. I just want people contemplating a move to this country, it's not all smiles and "have a good day". And yes, there is a "samaritan" law....doesn't mean people abide by it. There's also a law against theft and murder..........need I say more.

Hint..........use spellcheck, it'll make it easier to unravel what you're trying to say.
Sorry - had to point out, after you pointed out the spelling in the post above, that you seemed to have missed a word or two in your paragraph?

"I just want people contemplating a move to this country,(?to know??) it's not all smiles and "have a good day".

Sorry - I just thought it was a bit pot and kettle! , but meant in a humorous way!

N
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:32 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

People emigrate for many different reasons some negative ie over population, out of control crime, class struggle etc... and some positive i.e opportunities for children, opportunities for self, weather, activities, better standard of living etc.. etc ..etc...

So it is really hard to put your finger on one problem in the UK and say "THAT IS THE ONE THING THAT MADE ME LEAVE"
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It's the extent it happens (or is perceived to happen) in the UK, not that it doesn't happen in Canada.

Nope.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:34 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marclouis
In Van, they sprint around, always with a smile on thier face, cup of Jo in thier hands.

Really? All I see these days are overworked office types and homeless people, with a good smattering of the rich soccer mom's and richer new immigrants, who don't have to work and have the time and the money to buy the Starbucks.

The Samaritan law does not compell you to do anything. In theory, it protects your hide from being sued, if something happens as a result of your intervention. People are still able to sue, however, which is why the sixteen year old who was recently stabbed and died at the skytrain, was stepped over by commuters. Canadians don't wear halo's, contrary to some of the daft ideas people seem to have.

People do not smile here any more than anywhere else, if you are a naturally friendly person, people usually respond. Vancouverites are known for being convinced by their own self-importance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.