British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Why do you want to leave the UK? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/why-do-you-want-leave-uk-505641/)

Elizabeth I Jan 18th 2008 3:12 am

Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray (Post 5803385)
Scumbags indeed....hoodies, little baseball caps, trackers tucked into their socks, some of them will wear scarfs around their faces too showing only their eyes.....they usually congrigate in numbers outside off-licences or on corners. Some of them are absolutely harmless and are just kids "hanging around" but the ones we used to deal with were little b*st*rds, cocky foul mouths and "I'm hard and I know it" exterior!! They are getting worse, mainly due to the fact that they know they're untouchable because they're "just kids" and the law can't do much.

Gee, someone should introduce mandatory conscription for these so-called "hard" cocky foul mouthed a*holes. A few years of military service or mandatory conscription to the foreign legion should sort them out! :frown:

Elizabeth I Jan 18th 2008 3:12 am

Originally Posted by CaptainHook (Post 5803396)
Can't and sometimes won't.

Pack them off to the foreign legion and let them try and "mouth off" in there!:curse:

Happy_Feet Jan 18th 2008 3:58 am

WOW it's hot around here :blink:

Not really wanting to get involved here other than to answer the original question in the post really.....

We want to leave the UK and Scotland in particular because everyone is so downtroden and depressed in their attitudes and outlook on life!

Walk down a street, any street and have a look at the people, everyone is so misserable looking! As grey as the weather so they are!

Will let you guys get back to your 'debate' :thumbup:

Coffeepot Jan 18th 2008 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet (Post 5803601)
WOW it's hot around here :blink:

Not really wanting to get involved here other than to answer the original question in the post really.....

We want to leave the UK and Scotland in particular because everyone is so downtroden and depressed in their attitudes and outlook on life!

Walk down a street, any street and have a look at the people, everyone is so misserable looking! As grey as the weather so they are!

Will let you guys get back to your 'debate' :thumbup:

there only miserable because they all know you are leaving :rofl:

Happy_Feet Jan 18th 2008 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 5803967)
there only miserable because they all know you are leaving :rofl:

Thanks! :unsure:

......or it could be because they think we are staying :p

dbd33 Jan 18th 2008 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I (Post 5803420)
Pack them off to the foreign legion and let them try and "mouth off" in there!:curse:

Can you give an example of someone who served in the Legion d'Etranger and went on to be a responsible member of society?

Dave+Jules Jan 18th 2008 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 5805356)
Can you give an example of someone who served in the Legion d'Etranger and went on to be a responsible member of society?

I am sure there must be at least one. What about Beau Geste, brother John?

dbd33 Jan 18th 2008 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules (Post 5805555)
I am sure there must be at least one. What about Beau Geste, brother John?

Pah! Only if you overlook that awkward business with the Jesuits.

Dave+Jules Jan 18th 2008 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 5805582)
Pah! Only if you overlook that awkward business with the Jesuits.

Now you are just are just being picky.

Almost Canadian Jan 18th 2008 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I (Post 5803380)
What's with the "chavs" what does that mean?

I always thought it was:

Council
House
Adult
Vermin

But I could be wrong :eek:

Danny B Jan 18th 2008 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 5805356)

Jean Claude Van Dame, or was that a movie I watched?

dbd33 Jan 18th 2008 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 5805769)
Jean Claude Van Dame, or was that a movie I watched?

Not sure if it was a movie or not but I don't think being a gay icon really counts as being a responsible member.

BristolUK Jan 18th 2008 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 5805883)
Not sure if it was a movie or not but I don't think being a gay icon really counts as being a responsible member.

Does being a gay icon count as having a responsible member?
:ohmy:

nwtrucker Jan 18th 2008 8:50 pm

Not sure if any of you over there have been exposed to the story of Gary Newlove which has caused shockwaves throughout the UK in the last few days.
Briefly, he went out to challenge youths who we're damaging cars in his street in Warrington. As a result of this, he was kicked to death, in front of his daughters and wife, by a gang of drunken youths.
Thankfully, 3 of these scum have just been convicted of his murder. The statement made by Helen Newlove after the trial was absolutely heart wrenching.
Unfortunately, cases like this are becoming more prevalent. Gangs of feral youths are terrorising neighbourhoods with the police apparently powerless to control them. This alone is enough for me and my family to get the hell out of here. We hope to be out there this year and we will not be looking back.

bazzz Jan 18th 2008 9:58 pm

You mean heart-rending. Or gut-wrenching. Not heart-wrenching. Or the icky sounding gut-rending.

Monkeys at the zoo.
Flinging shit everywhere.
The little bastards.

This forum needs more haiku.