Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Why do you want to leave the UK?

Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:02 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why do you want to leave the UK?

geez, I feel neglected, I thought I was the only one gang attacked here??
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishintruder
Heard the latest taxation.
Lorry drivers are to get a fine of £200 if they drive through London and there emmisions are to high on there lorry.
Later it will be used in other cities in and around the UK and be expanded to include Buses, Coaches, Taxis and Van drivers.
So ill scrap my van because it has to much emission only to be scrapped and melted down which would cause more emissions to be sold to the far east causing even more emisions getting there
Crazy British do gooders :curse:
Not the ideal solution but a little better than here in Canada ie

Keep selling ridiculous cars like the Cadillac Escalade that do 6 miles to the Gallon, don't have any MOT tests that mean you can drive it untill the road salt completely corrodes the subframe and it almost splits in half
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:56 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Lorry drivers are to get a fine of £200 if they drive through London and there emmisions are to high on there lorry.
Later it will be used in other cities in and around the UK and be expanded to include Buses, Coaches, Taxis and Van drivers.
So ill scrap my van because it has to much emission only to be scrapped and melted down which would cause more emissions to be sold to the far east causing even more emisions getting there
If you want clean air in the city you have to start somewhere. Its not a tax as you have the option not to pay - by getting a cleaner vehicle or not entering the London zone.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:58 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I alone here in thinking that an "englishintruder" sounds like some kind of sex toy?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
Am I alone here in thinking that an "englishintruder" sounds like some kind of sex toy?
Yep.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:05 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you strange person
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:14 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Top points for incoherence there mate.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Top points for incoherence there mate.
According to the coachist on the BBC this morning it immediately applies to coaches. That's a problem to the operators as, in order to comply they have to have this year's model of coach which, for some reason, will not be usable after 2010. I suppose I should know what the 2010 issue is but I couldn't listen to more of the story for fear of dozing off at the wheel.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:41 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
According to the coachist on the BBC this morning it immediately applies to coaches. That's a problem to the operators as, in order to comply they have to have this year's model of coach which, for some reason, will not be usable after 2010. I suppose I should know what the 2010 issue is but I couldn't listen to more of the story for fear of dozing off at the wheel.
Second place on the incoherence stakes.

I suppose I'll have to find out what you're talking about. It's something to do tomorrow instead of insulting stoodents for a change.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:50 am
Born again atheist

http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_...eleaseid=15533

Well , it didn't take that long.

What's the problem? Red Ken has turned out to be a world leader with his inner city toll thingy, and this one sounds like a bloody excellent next step to me.

Of course, what would I know?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:16 am

If you want to know what a Low Emission Zone is, just do a google search for "LEZ". It's the first hit you want. Not the second. Oh no.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:21 am
Born again atheist

If you want to know what a Low Emission Zone is, just do a google search for "LEZ". It's the first hit you want. Not the second. Oh no.
Your google is better than my google. The good link was fourth, not second.

I may be "busy" for a while.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:26 am

I wonder how many people will be using Google Image Search to find a map of this LEZ?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:22 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howard1944
geez, I feel neglected, I thought I was the only one gang attacked here??
You are wanted here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511238
post no.3
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:59 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

I left to escape idiots like the_tones_guy, Pompeyboy and DAVIE_MAC. I wish you gits would stop following me around. Seriously, it was the attitudes of the Brits that used to piss me off a whole lot more than the immigrants.
Funny I left to get away from the Tree huggers like Bazz here, they are the ones that made the UK as sh*t as it has become so thought u guys would prefer to stay there and enjoy the fruits of your labour! Problem is the same will happen to Canada even if it will be another 30-40 years before its in that state. Gotta love the lefty doo - gooders they are everywhere.

Good old post though, interesting for a newbie to BE but oldie to Canada to read

Last edited by Mikey B; Jun 6th 2008 at 11:01 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.