Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

why did you want to leave the uk?

why did you want to leave the uk?

Old May 21st 2009, 12:44 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: why did you want to leave the uk?

Originally Posted by Patsy
I'm slightly confused with the 'living to work' bit here when Canada have such ridiculously short holidays
As a new comer you get short holidays yes, but not once you've been here for a few years. Not in my company anyway. My boss has about 6 weeks.

Anyways, I wasnt really referring to my holiday entitlement...
Old May 21st 2009, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think it accurately reflects the attitude of people who wear baseball caps towards people of other ethnic backgrounds so, in a word, no.
Hey, I've been known to wear a baseball hat (albeit not one for a feed mill or a bottom fermenting bland brand of beer) at times, and I think we've seen you wear one of your blog photos....does that make me a knuckle dragger.?
Old May 21st 2009, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez this thread has gone on a bit. Can't we just agree to disagree that the UK (YUK Rich 007 used to call it) is a rotting sespit of crime full of freeloaders and bloody immigrants.

Now lets move on.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:22 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Jeez this thread has gone on a bit. Can't we just agree to disagree that the UK (YUK Rich 007 used to call it) is a rotting sespit of crime full of freeloaders and bloody immigrants.

Now lets move on.
Has'nt Canada got its fair share of free loaders and bloody immigrants ?
Are'nt you a bloody immigrant ?
Old May 21st 2009, 7:27 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
As a new comer you get short holidays yes, but not once you've been here for a few years. Not in my company anyway. My boss has about 6 weeks.

Anyways, I wasnt really referring to my holiday entitlement...
I think the standard holiday entightlement is two week a year !!! Really generous Coupled with the ridiculously high tax I wonder if it is all worth it ? Your boss has six weeks because he is the boss and bosses make the rules. One of those rules in Canada is that the workers work a minimum of 50 weeks a year, and just have two miserly weeks off to rest.

At least the boss will give you a pat on your back, the same way he pats his favourite labrador.
Old May 21st 2009, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Originally Posted by pgtips
I think the standard holiday entightlement is two week a year !!! Really generous Coupled with the ridiculously high tax I wonder if it is all worth it ? Your boss has six weeks because he is the boss and bosses make the rules. One of those rules in Canada is that the workers work a minimum of 50 weeks a year, and just have two miserly weeks off to rest.

At least the boss will give you a pat on your back, the same way he pats his favourite labrador.
I could be mistaken...but doesn't Canada have an awful lot of 'long' week-ends and Public holidays.
Old May 21st 2009, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by skyturner
I could be mistaken...but doesn't Canada have an awful lot of 'long' week-ends and Public holidays.
Not as many as in the UK and we still are entightled to a minimum of 4 weeks holiday per year on top. I suppose its one of the benefits of living in the Queens favoured land and home, rather than a remote outpost.
Old May 21st 2009, 9:36 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

I got a pat on the back once... i used to milk cows.

sorry, ive got my coat on.
Old May 21st 2009, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Londonuck

Old May 21st 2009, 11:19 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

This is serious crap, but a rare slip of the tongue I hope ?
I suppose every country has some ugly skeletons in the closet.
Canada is anti-discrimination in name only. Get away from government claptrap, and from the major cosmopolitan cities, and you will hear many racist comments.
Old May 21st 2009, 11:30 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

A cow pat.
Old May 21st 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mooredog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe I got it, must be a celtic thing.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:04 pm

I got one on my head once. In a herringbone parlour. Nice.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mooredog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I got one on my head once. In a herringbone parlour. Nice.
A happy ending I take it.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mooredog
A happy ending I take it.
Happy? How happy would you be if a cow shat on your head? Cow shit is runny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.