Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

This is why "the decent" people want to leave the UK

This is why "the decent" people want to leave the UK

Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:23 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This is why "the decent" people want to leave the UK

This is quite disgusting I'm so ashamed that this is from my country. What happend to football being a game?

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/in...m?id=908262006

Emma
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Angry Re: This is why "the decent" people want to leave the UK

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
This is quite disgusting I'm so ashamed that this is from my country. What happend to football being a game?

Emma

Just shows what morons are around. The Uk is really going downhill with events like this. I hope the guys who did these deeds are quickly found and put inside where they belong. They sound like nutters to me.

:scared:
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:36 pm

Default Re: This is why "the decent" people want to leave the UK

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Just shows what morons are around. The Uk is really going downhill with events like this. I hope the guys who did these deeds are quickly found and put inside where they belong. They sound like nutters to me.

I think that's the problem they probably will get "a telling off"
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush

Emma
That is just horrible. I can't stand football partly because of the negative image attached to it, but I realise it only takes a few idiots like this to drag it down for the real fans.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You know, shit happens everywhere. At least he's still alive, unlike the girl killed in a toronto coffee shop in a drive by shooting at Xmas.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Tuppence
That is just horrible. I can't stand football partly because of the negative image attached to it, but I realise it only takes a few idiots like this to drag it down for the real fans.
The bit that makes me laugh more is the comment that was made in the article which says "The guy must have been on CCTV. Someone said to me that a child can wear a Celtic strip in Scotland and someone who supports Rangers would never resort to this type of behaviour."

I think it's a complete lie the behaviour happens all the time "especially with rangers and celtic" I grew up in a Rangers family and quite quickly was put off by the whole "rangers/celtic" thing years ago.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The Uk is really going downhill with events like this.
When I was a kid I had a Saturday job in a Tescos near Wembley stadium. On the day of the England/Scotland games we'd board up the windows and close the shop. That was, ahem, long, long ago. Football violence is a core part of the culture of the UK and is in no way an indication that the country has gone downhill. The parents in this case were derelict in allowing their child to invite an attack.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:49 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Of course events like this never happen anywhere else. Try spending a night in a ER over here (as I did last night) and watch the comings and goings of those who need treatment for beatings, overdoses and general thuggery. :scared: How can this possibly happen anywhere but the UK?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Try spending a night in a ER over here (as I did last night)
Not as an assault victim, one hopes.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The parents in this case were derelict in allowing their child to invite an attack.
What utter bollocks! It's NEVER ok to attack someone based on clothing IMO, let alone a bloody SEVEN year old!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:35 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not as an assault victim, one hopes.
No...with a kid with a neck injury...from being swarmed (aka beaten to a pulp) in a park for wearing the wrong gang colours it seems.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

One of my colleagues at work who is orginally from Bristol moved back down from Scotland because of the anti-English attitude up there. She and her Scottish boyfriend only lasted about 18 months before they returned. According to her the Scots have long memories where the Brits. are concerned - I'm talking about battles that happened 200+ years ago.

One of the things that puts me off football is the hooliganism that goes with it in the UK Some peeps take it all too seriously. That poor little boy in Scotland. Nasty big bully picking on someone smaller than him! He's such a 'big man' isn't he
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

An awful story. But people are so misguided if they use this kind of a thing as a reason to leave a country. They could end up being terribly disappointed elsewhere.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:40 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
One of my colleagues at work who is orginally from Bristol moved back down from Scotland because of the anti-English attitude up there. She and her Scottish boyfriend only lasted about 18 months before they returned. According to her the Scots have long memories where the Brits. are concerned - I'm talking about battles that happened 200+ years ago.

One of the things that puts me off football is the hooliganism that goes with it in the UK Some peeps take it all too seriously. That poor little boy in Scotland. Nasty big bully picking on someone smaller than him! He's such a 'big man' isn't he
On the other hand my brother has lived there nearly 25 years now without any problems.

There are dickheads anywhere, if they didnt use the shirt as an excuse they would justify their actions some other way, its really nothing to do with footy.

Besides, I dont think hooliganism at a game has been a big issue for more than 10 years now, although there is friction associted with it for sure, but the same thing happens here with US football, or even the violence in Edmonton over the hockey.

There are arseholes all over this planet, moving doesnt change that.

PS Dingbat, Im assuming thats a work related kid, not one of your own. Still, what a thing to happen.

Last edited by iaink; Jun 21st 2006 at 4:56 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I agree iank. You do get good and bad everywhere you go. These people are usually in the minority. I threw my 'rose tinted' specs away re. Canada ages ago I know it has it's problems, just like the UK. At least you have a bit more space to get away from tossers though, unlike here :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.