Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why Can't They Be Happy For Us

Why Can't They Be Happy For Us

Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:57 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why Can't They Be Happy For Us

Dont worry Karla, Canada will bowl them over - just like it did to us lot on here!
You'll soon be on asking for advice on tactful ways to get her to go back to the UK. Only joking I know you'd never do that!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:47 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I've spent more time with my family, my mother in particular, since moving to Canada than I did in the two decades prior to emigrating. Go figure.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Although my husband's parents are fine his sister has pretty much not really spoken to us since we "officially" decided to go but today I got a text from her telling me that we really should delay going for 6 more months because our house isn't sold yet. In some ways i think its sweet that its her way of trying to keep us around and in another way I find it incredibly annoying...

My biggest issue is that people suddenly have opinions on everything we want to do. My mother (who immigrated to Canada 25+ years ago) doesn't think we should get health insurance for the 3 months before OH is covered or bring anything with us, she even told me we should rehome our 16 year old cat!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:27 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hey karla

Must be the Mancunian in our parents

I have had this trouble since last August when I told my mom our plans and believe it our not it is still going on !!!!!!

We have just been over to set up our rental for my hubby and whilst out there my step dad had a bad accident but she NEVER rang me although she did ring to bitch about it to my aunt who lives in the same town

You just have to remember to just get on with your own life no matter how much it hurts you and put it all down to their ignorance and their loss - hard I know but probably most sanest suggestion that I can make.

Good luck and dont let them put the dampners on your plans

Gay
x
Karla.

I have just PM'd you and read this thread. My parents are both Mancunians too so that's why we get so much grief!!!!!!. Ignore it all as much as you can after 15 months of grief I am now bored with the same old same old stuff. Look forward to it now. I am now starting to get excited. Clare. xxxxx