British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Why is Canada better than England? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/why-canada-better-than-england-642335/)

canadarules Nov 27th 2009 12:26 am

Why is Canada better than England?

Opinions...

Almost Canadian Nov 27th 2009 12:32 am

Re: Why is Canada better than England?

It isn't necessarily. Life is what you make it:thumbsup:

Danny B Nov 27th 2009 12:33 am

The ease of obtaining a firearm, jacked up 4x4, hunting season, wearing a baseball cap and not being called a Chav, Canadian Tire, extra large double double, cheap petrol, cheap houses, Hockey September till June. Need I go on?

canadarules Nov 27th 2009 12:45 am

No chavs period!:thumbup:

burton bunch Nov 27th 2009 12:49 am

That is a matter of opinion.

For us as a family it is better because it has forced us to make the changes we needed to make in our family life so that we have a much better quality of life than we had in the UK.

Did we hate living in the UK? NO! Did we enjoy the grindstone of the UK ? No. Did we work hard and play hard? NO

Canada has allowed us to spend the quality of time together that in the UK, due to commitments of busy careers for both parents, we didnt do. Did we make time for quality time ? NO due to our careers.

Living in Canda has changed us as people and us as a family and looking back that is what we personally needed to do.

Moving to a different country is not for everyone - many do it and end up having to move back to the UK or somewhere else - but it was the right thing to do for us as a family and I know that we are very fortunate.

I would say that to be able to do a move like this you really do have to know yourself and your family for it to be successful.

Alan2005 Nov 27th 2009 1:19 am

Originally Posted by canadarules (Post 8128108)

oh dear

Novocastrian Nov 27th 2009 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 8128158)
oh dear

Quite. The smell of troll is strong with this one.

Alan2005 Nov 27th 2009 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 8128162)

yes, I thought so too. it's not a very good effort either.

bananahammock Nov 27th 2009 1:45 am

It's not better, it's just different :rolleyes:

dthomas Nov 27th 2009 2:30 am

Canadians?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184

lancashirebird Nov 27th 2009 4:25 am

i wouldnt say its better, just different :)

We moved for the kids and wow did they not let me down on this school report :rofl:
Even here there is a difference between one side of town to the other and was so pleased that both my younger kids got great reports, lets just say i was the happiest mom around tonight.........
Both kids hit tops in there class and both teachers loved them........i was like :confused::confused:

The last 12mths has been a toughie, but my kids have made it :thumbsup:
For some canada is good, for others its not
Unless you try something how do you know if you like it or not :rolleyes::wub:

Paul_Shepherd Nov 27th 2009 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 8128083)
The ease of obtaining a firearm, jacked up 4x4, hunting season, wearing a baseball cap and not being called a Chav, Canadian Tire, extra large double double, cheap petrol, cheap houses, Hockey September till June. Need I go on?

Some good points there Danny B...

Paul_Shepherd Nov 27th 2009 4:45 am

Originally Posted by canadarules (Post 8128108)

I wouldn't be so sure of that....it depends where you are in Canada! they may not be "chavs" but I feel the Canadian equivalent certainly exists....

canadian_critic Nov 27th 2009 5:01 am

Bit of a loaded question but then who am I to talk?

I sincerely think it's more the move that breaks people from the monotony they once had. I do wonder whether people could equally well move up to the Scottish Highlands and experience some of the benefits mentioned in these responses.

Of course the excitement of moving to a different country contributes towards life's rich tapestry. Not sure how much Canada is responsible for the new leases of life people mention, or how much is attributable to the shock effect of leaving one's comfort zone.

For me it accelerated the inevitable, but I'll get over that equally quickly.

Oink Nov 27th 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 8128162)

It seems to smell of tossers.