Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Why is Australia so popular??

Wikiposts

Why is Australia so popular??

Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:34 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is Australia so popular??

We've never been attracted to Australia as a place to live, I can't give a reason for that. It looks beautiful, people are great, but we just love Canada.
There seem to be lots of people who come back from Australia though, anyone know why?
Old Mar 31st 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Not a cut off at 49 but if you are applying as a skilled worker you start loosing 2 points per year above it
Quite right. What a bozo I am. I must have confused it with another country or I am just plain stuuuupid!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

gtrvox1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by yorkiebar99
I find that people either absolutely hate it or love it........we love it.........
Interesting you should say that: I have never been in Australia but have friends who were there for about six months and were counting the days till their return to Canada (they had to stay the full six months because of a work contract) I wouldn't say they absolutely hated it but they were very disappointed with it, having planned their trip and looking forward to it for years. Too isolated, too slow, too hot, too restrictive (I know, I find it hard to believe that one, too, but they went on about how you can't step on the grass in parks and about constant security checks in supermarkets and such) They were in Perth, btw.

GTR
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

We considered Oz serveral times before Canada. The main reasons for not opting for Oz can be blamed largely on the Discovery channel....For one thing my better half is scared shitless of the most miniscule of spiders, so sharing your back garden with giant (her words not mine) hairy legged, man eating spiders, put a stop to that one....but if she was to reply she would blame it on me for being terrified of snakes...Well isn't everyone?

There are loadfs of plus's for Oz...excellent Climate, Nice genuine people, great beaches...wierd animals such as that plattipus thingy...but hey who wants to spend christmas all the time when the suns baking down on you.

Anyway thats my two pennies.
regards
frankieforehead
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Gaz_F will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
We considered Oz serveral times before Canada. The main reasons for not opting for Oz can be blamed largely on the Discovery channel....For one thing my better half is scared shitless of the most miniscule of spiders, so sharing your back garden with giant (her words not mine) hairy legged, man eating spiders, put a stop to that one....but if she was to reply she would blame it on me for being terrified of snakes...Well isn't everyone?

There are loadfs of plus's for Oz...excellent Climate, Nice genuine people, great beaches...wierd animals such as that plattipus thingy...but hey who wants to spend christmas all the time when the suns baking down on you.

Anyway thats my two pennies.
regards
frankieforehead

Cyprus has the worst spider I've ever heard of.

It likes to hide under toilet seats, then attacks anything that 'swings' into view.
We were at Bloodhound camp and heard, on average, 4-5 screams a week!!!! Nicknamed it 'The Heaving Cyprus Dunny Spider'. :scared:
Old Apr 1st 2005, 3:49 pm
aussie73

l was wondering do more British migrants choose to immigrate to Australia or Canada, which country is more popular?

Old Apr 1st 2005, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
l was wondering do more British migrants choose to immigrate to Australia or Canada, which country is more popular?
I think it's Australia, NZ then Canada in that order of preference for Brits emigrating. Not my personal preference though, I'd flip that list on its head
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

isn't it funny how people perceive different places....i stayed in Perth about 3 weeks and noone stopped us from walking in the parks..........we were even spent some time in an immigration detention centre and didn't find that too restrictive either!!

We felt right at home in Australia. I feel like many Australians just live the good life and the best thing about them is they know it and love it. They aren't grabbing at straws to find great things about their country as it is just great!!

We hitched from Brisbane across to Perth and the hospitality was just amazing. Anytime now when we meet Australians we always try to return the favour and give them a place to stay or a night out on the town....it always proves to be a good night out!!

Originally Posted by gtrvox1
Interesting you should say that: I have never been in Australia but have friends who were there for about six months and were counting the days till their return to Canada (they had to stay the full six months because of a work contract) I wouldn't say they absolutely hated it but they were very disappointed with it, having planned their trip and looking forward to it for years. Too isolated, too slow, too hot, too restrictive (I know, I find it hard to believe that one, too, but they went on about how you can't step on the grass in parks and about constant security checks in supermarkets and such) They were in Perth, btw.

GTR