Why is it?

Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is it?

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
mmm I wonder what the split between working / middle class immigrants is????

Some sort of poll would be in order ..................................

As an ex-squaddie, I guess I must be working class
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:29 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllyS
I love this thread!!

That question came up many times during the application process I can tell you.

Another question would be - why can't British nationals apply for the USA Green Card Lottery??
I think the question is why would anybody in their right mind would want to apply?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:32 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
As an ex-squaddie, I guess I must be working class

Yep, me too being as I'm an ex Royal Marine!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:35 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leggy969
And there begins another debate....what defines working class / middle class?
Im pretty certain that people will have many different opinions on that!

People self identify. That should be enough given that everyone says that Canada is classless society.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:35 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

mmm I wonder what the split between working / middle class immigrants is????

Some sort of poll would be in order ..................................
The concept of social class can be simultaneously imposed and self-identified both of which are open to interpretation and misuse.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:38 pm

And there begins another debate....what defines working class / middle class?
Im pretty certain that people will have many different opinions on that!

The Registrar General's Social Classification or the National Statistics Socio-economic Classification possibly?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:51 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The concept of social class can be simultaneously imposed and self-identified both of which are open to interpretation and misuse.
Being unashamedly the lower end of working class I can, without any doubt whatsoever, say "wtf does that mean?"
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, me too being as I'm an ex Royal Marine!
So's this working class idol (the one on the right, KG, GCVO, ETC)...

Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:06 pm

Being unashamedly the lower end of working class I can, without any doubt whatsoever, say "wtf does that mean?"
What social class where you think you belong and what social class others think you belong. Although, for social class to be a meaningful and explanatory variable it has to be grounded in a theoretical construct, eg Marxian or Weberian.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:23 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink

http://www.gov.pe.ca/photos/sites/ol...rd_3080lrg.jpg

Haha.....I was in recruit training at CTCRM(Commando Training Centre Royal Marines) in 1986/7, the same time that Prince Edward was also in RM Officer training at CTCRM.
However......he did not complete this training, (or should I say 'quit'??) and chose instead to become a thespian!!

Therefore, the aforementioned 'Royal muppet' was only ever a RM officer recruit!

Last edited by leggy969; Mar 30th 2011 at 7:26 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:25 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink

http://www.gov.pe.ca/photos/sites/ol...rd_3080lrg.jpg
He ain't no bootneck
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:27 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

Originally Posted by greentea3
He ain't no bootneck

I concur wholeheartedly greentea!

Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:32 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

What social class where you think you belong and what social class others think you belong. Although, for social class to be a meaningful and explanatory variable it has to be grounded in a theoretical construct, eg Marxian or Weberian.
oh
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:37 pm

oh
We usually use parental (dad's) occupation to determine social class.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:42 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

We usually use parental (dad's) occupation to determine social class.
and what if you're a bustard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.