Why is it?

Old Mar 30th 2011, 3:18 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Why is it?

Originally Posted by james.mc
You'd think there would be a bit of an in house agreement going between UK, Canada, Oz, NZ with regards to inter country immigration though.

How abut a discount on points if you come from a country that has a common head of state.
considering the UK has shut the door on Australia, Canada, NZ I hope we let less and less Brits in because they're flooding the place. Bloody Immigrants lol
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

I love this thread!!

That question came up many times during the application process I can tell you.

Another question would be - why can't British nationals apply for the USA Green Card Lottery??
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:32 am
Just Joined

fuzzbottle will become famous soon enoughfuzzbottle will become famous soon enough

Glad my thread caused some reaction!!! and thanks for the support regarding free speech!!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:18 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllyS
Another question would be - why can't British nationals apply for the USA Green Card Lottery??
Good question. Why is that then?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

edmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Oink
Welcome to BE Fuzz.

It is a bit perverse, I agree. In fact, the whole notion of immigration is perverse. It should be either fully open or fully closed.
Yes the notion of "immigration" from one first world country to another is strange as we from first world countries do have plenty and enough opportunities in our own country (and the EU) and don't really need to move. Now wouldn't it be fairer to favour people from third world countries for immigration as they are in much more need for a chance to build a new life?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:27 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edmontron
Now wouldn't it be fairer to favour people from third world countries for immigration as they are in much more need for a chance to build a new life?
Isn't that what is happening already?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:44 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Totally different immigration strategy. Brits who go to Australia or Canada are working class. Australians and Canadians who go to Britain or Europe are furthering their careers in professional environments.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:55 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
Totally different immigration strategy. Brits who go to Australia or Canada are working class. Australians and Canadians who go to Britain or Europe are furthering their careers in professional environments.
Are we? My dear boy, speak for your jolly old self. Mama and Papa would be frightfully upset to learn that they had produced a working-class son and heir
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:31 pm
All Sooked up!

IT professionals, Managers, Nurses, to name but a few. Me thinks maybe not working class. I'm sure the statement will get a rise though.

Maybe the Canadians coming to the UK are filling the working class gaps left by those that have already emigrated?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think this holds as regards Australians in London. I think they go as a rite of passage and some stay. Barman is not, in my estimation, a career in a professional environment.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

The Queen maybe technically the head of state but in reality in Australia and Canada she's not. Canada, New Zealand and Australia are sort of i nthe logn process of arguing over the changeover squabbles for the next decade or soon before the throw the queen out.

The UK has no authority over such countries.
Me thinks you need to read up on your constitutional law. Australia. New Zealand and Canada became self governing as a result of UK Acts of Parliament. In theory, they could be repealed and they would then come under the jurisdiction of the UK again
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:54 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Are we? My dear boy, speak for your jolly old self. Mama and Papa would be frightfully upset to learn that they had produced a working-class son and heir
I 'aint a toff like Oakvillian (tugs forelock guv'nor) but I would be considered terribly middle class. And I emigrated to Canada. For the children..............
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:06 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

mmm I wonder what the split between working / middle class immigrants is????

Some sort of poll would be in order ..................................
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllyS
I love this thread!!

That question came up many times during the application process I can tell you.

Why would you want to??? Everytime i drive into the states I feel like im in that show "Life after people" about 50 years on LOL
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:41 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
mmm I wonder what the split between working / middle class immigrants is????

Some sort of poll would be in order ..................................

And there begins another debate....what defines working class / middle class?
Im pretty certain that people will have many different opinions on that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.