Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

wht kind of car are u driving in Canada?!

wht kind of car are u driving in Canada?!

Old Oct 1st 2006, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

ezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really niceezvanetree is just really nice
Default Re: wht kind of car are u driving in Canada?!

Originally Posted by SAW 04
I just dont think new immigrants are shopping for insurance as they would in the UK. Its a buyers market....go for it and dont be shy!

Most of my insurance bill is made up with the compulsory BC government insurance. I could only get a 15% 'no claims' discount because, god forbid, for 6 months I didn't own a car while I lived in Singapore four years ago. The "no claims" has to be consecutive so it started only when I bought a car again in Australia (even though I have been claims free for 20 years). I just don't think that Canadians can get their head around someone actually not owning a car for any period of time. I am hoping to lower the cost a bit next year as I will have added another consecutive year to my total. The 'top up' I got from BCAA (who uses ING for insurance) was reasonable and covered everything I needed. It was by far the lowest quote--the differences between the three or four companies I called was amazing--like 6-700 dollars difference. So yes, shopping around is important but there isn't much one can do with compulsory government run insurance. Another legacy of the NDP government that led the province a few years back--at least I think they introduced it but I could be wrong.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

fatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the roughfatdoc is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
We have a Kia Sorento [sic] EX-L, very pleased with it.

I've been trying to buy a far more expensive SUV recently and can't quite bring myself to do it as apart from real wood instead of fake wood, and slightly better quality leather on the seats, there's no difference except the price.

very intersting to know...kia in US doesnt have good reputation here...how long have u had that car?
tnx
Old Oct 1st 2006, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatdoc
very intersting to know...kia in US doesnt have good reputation here...how long have u had that car?
tnx
1.5yrs. I'm a brand snob and a half, to come out after researching our needs and pouring over reviews with Kia as the best option was a horrific prospect for me, but after driving it, I'm completely over it, fantastic car So much bang for little buck...

The Sorento's the only model that doesn't share a platform with the equivalent Hyundai but that will change in 2008 I think, for now it's completely separate from the Santa Fe.

No probs so far apart from splitting of the metal of the driver inside door pull handle, replacement handle ordered instantly by the dealer, no quibbling. I don't know about the rest of the Kia range, only ever looked at the Sorento.

What kind of car are you looking for?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:07 pm
Cowtown

1.5yrs. I'm a brand snob and a half, to come out after researching our needs and pouring over reviews with Kia as the best option was a horrific prospect for me
You have my condolences ...
http://members.tripod.com/aiki_joe/i_hate_kia/

Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cowtown
Not sure what predominantly Sephia (never heard of it ) owner comments from in some cases 10yrs ago have to do with a 2005 Sorento? But if it makes you happy... I'm sure you're way cooler than me in your dimple-roofed van anyhow
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what predominantly Sephia (never heard of it ) owner comments from in some cases 10yrs ago have to do with a 2005 Sorento? But if it makes you happy... I'm sure you're way cooler than me in your dimple-roofed van anyhow
If this is a cool car competition perhaps I should speak up.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:31 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm with Biiiiink. Kia Sorento's rule!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:38 am
Cowtown

I'm sure you're way cooler than me in your dimple-roofed van anyhow
The van is Ford, it's dimple free ... the vehicle with the cute dimples is a Honda Civic ... my last ever asian vehicle purchase

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:41 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezvanetree
Another legacy of the NDP government that led the province a few years back--at least I think they introduced it but I could be wrong.
Yes, it must have been truly awful - they actually ramped up expenditure on health, education, social programs.

Damned hippy communists.

Rich.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You got me beat there I think
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:55 am
Cowtown

Those who evade the most taxes speak loudest
Black's Law 2006

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

... my last ever asian vehicle purchase
What a trendsetter you are!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:02 am
Cowtown

What a trendsetter you are!
That's why I wear flares & platforms ... did I also say I drive a C5 to work every day??

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:14 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Didnt you tell us once before that you get farm rates for insurance?
Yes I do ....... for my farm, LOL!!!

Vehicle insurance is vehicle insurance - take a vehicle on the road and there are no freebies there.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's why I wear flares & platforms ... did I also say I drive a C5 to work every day??
You drive? I had you down as a jogger with legwarmers and matching headband

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.