Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:45 am
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Me and the missus are from Edinburgh and looking at moving too Toronto.....well that depends on the outcome of proof of citizenship!

After looking into this and carrying out the online tests and info on here it looks like my wife is citizen by descent (her mother was born in Canada 1952).

Anyway application is off but looks like we need to wait 12-14 months for the outcome!!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:33 pm
Living in Canada 5 years

scottishjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Me...I'm moving in 4 weeks to Toronto...always available for tea or coffees...or beers
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

AFC73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joe

How you finding the Toronto job hunt or have you sorted something already. I got my PR about 18 months ago and have found breaking the barriers difficult on the couple of recce trips. Need to pluck up the courage sooner rather than later but would be interested to here you experiences - particularly when you get over there. Good luck with it all
Cheers

Anson
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:48 pm
Living in Canada 5 years

scottishjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I'll keep you updated. I had a recce visit about a year ago to get my PR and Sin Number etc....
I work in I.T so I'm going to give it a few months in Toronto, maybe even give Vancouver a go....I've saved enough to cover me for a while. I know it's not like in the UK where you get loads of agents but at the very least it'll be an adventure.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

bigbluebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AFC73
Joe

How you finding the Toronto job hunt or have you sorted something already. I got my PR about 18 months ago and have found breaking the barriers difficult on the couple of recce trips. Need to pluck up the courage sooner rather than later but would be interested to here you experiences - particularly when you get over there. Good luck with it all
Cheers

Anson
Hi everyone , unbelieveably I have only thot of this in the last 7 days after speaking to ex-army friends who have settled in Med Hat, I am literally at the very very first step and to be honest I dont have a clue where to start i.e. what is my first move ? ,who do i contact first ?
I hope to go to Alberta and drive trucks or another thing I can do is operate jet-vacum tankers , I have looked at jobs on job bank site, but what do I do next ???
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

AFC73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Scottish joe

Sounds like we are in similar positions, I am an accountant but it is probably the same deal with recruitment etc. Orginally I did my recces to Vancouver. The job market is pretty bad there in that there are good jobs but you need to be in the know and there is plenty people after them as it is a great place to live. I think Toronto will be a lot easier. Hope it all goes well.

Big Blue bear - what stage are you at? Do you have your visas etc

Cheers
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:18 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luckymonkey
Was great to meet everyone today. Thank goodness for kaa0901's Canada hat or I might have had to resort to shouting "Luckymonkey" after all!
Haha this was funny,

Nice you all got to meet and share stories.

I am from East Kilbride and now Living in Eastern Passage, NS

Any help, just PM me as I don't come round these parts as much as I used to..

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice
Smile Re: who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
Haha this was funny,

Nice you all got to meet and share stories.

I am from East Kilbride and now Living in Eastern Passage, NS

Any help, just PM me as I don't come round these parts as much as I used to..

you have no idea how much of a close run thing "luckymonkey for British Expats" was!!