Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:41 am
Just Joined

kaa0901 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

OMG 6 nations! I feel ancient. Got my Canada cap at the ready - I've got mid length blonde hair, glasses & a permenantly frazzled expression from 2 under 4 yr old boys.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

lovely to meet you alll today. Lets do it again!

Engineer80 and granny nessie- got £3 off Rachels book cos it was damaged.....RESULT!!!

linsypinsy and TigerQuimpo
xx
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:20 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
lovely to meet you alll today. Lets do it again!

Engineer80 and granny nessie- got £3 off Rachels book cos it was damaged.....RESULT!!!

linsypinsy and TigerQuimpo
xx
Result indeed! And yes, it was lovely to meet you all today too! We'll definitely all do it again, I couldn't believe how quickly the time went.........cor, people hanging around in bookstore cafes are sooooo annoying, don't they have homes to go to?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all you young things today and can't believe we were there for almost 3 hours. What a lovely bunch you all are and look forward to a reunion in the summer perhaps when things hopefully will have moved on a bit and the dream is nearer. Your bairns were great too and a credit to your parenting skills!!

Granma Nessie
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

Engineer80 and LinsyPinsy, I have remembered the name of that series that was filmed in Nova Scotia it was called Haven and was on one of the SKY channels.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it was great to meet you all, and great to have a blether with like-minded people! We'll definitely have to organise something again, the summer might be a good idea.

engineer80 - I meant to mention this when you were talking about holidays, a friend at work recommended www.alpharooms.com for cheap deals on package holidays, don't know if it's of any use?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:47 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Izzi and Granma Nessie it was great meeting you both too! Actually seeing other people going through the same process and talking face to face somehow makes the process seem a lot less daunting of you know what I mean. Thanks for the link Izzi, we're so desperate for a holiday now so will check it out and will definitely hunt for Haven Granma Nessie! Settling down now with a well deserved glass of wine. Little man got his pizza on the way home so he was very pleased and went to sleep without a fuss
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

Was great to meet everyone today. Thank goodness for kaa0901's Canada hat or I might have had to resort to shouting "Luckymonkey" after all!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:36 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by luckymonkey
Was great to meet everyone today. Thank goodness for kaa0901's Canada hat or I might have had to resort to shouting "Luckymonkey" after all!
I was the first to arrive, followed by Granma Nessie. She kept staring at me suspiciously because I was looking for a table and then after a short while casually said, "I'm meeting some people here" to which I replied, "really?" and she said, "Yes at 3" and then I leaned in slowly and said, "British Expats?" It was like something out of an espionage movie
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

I spotted you with the buggy and Granma Nessie. Thought of approaching you, but panicked & bottled it when I saw someone else with a buggy. I then lurked at a table with a good view and was mighty relieved when I spotted kaa0901 surreptitiously placing a Canada cap on her table!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:49 pm
Done!

It was a great get together and we all got on so well too. Thanks also to Spiffington and Mrs Spiffington for bringing along their PR cards and visas for us to see We were truly in awe at the sight of them - couldn't get enough
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

I had been in Wattersons from 2 o'clock and had been milling about the cafe and the gallery upstairs and was even getting a few suspicious looks as I did another circuit looking for fellow ex-pats. I had even been into the gents toilet but that's another story. I was glad when I spotted Engineer80 as a likely suspect.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by engineer80
I was the first to arrive, followed by Granma Nessie. She kept staring at me suspiciously because I was looking for a table and then after a short while casually said, "I'm meeting some people here" to which I replied, "really?" and she said, "Yes at 3" and then I leaned in slowly and said, "British Expats?" It was like something out of an espionage movie
LOL - So sorry I missed that!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:08 am
Just Joined

kaa0901 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for all the info. Spent last night looking at the NS website and Truro. It's been reassuring seeing that everyone else has been where we we now & that we will get there.

So this week, need to get CV updated & email Truro RD

Thankyou Davinder - you're pics of NS from last year are amazing!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

GLAM...where were you??? I just realised you werent there....
lns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.