Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:53 pm
Moved to North Van 2012

spiffington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Hi,

Sorry been in bed with flu so I missed all the discussion! Me and my hubby will try to make it along next weekend.
For those that were wondering, we are planning on going to Vancouver so happy to chat about that.

Hopefully see you next week!

Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by izzi81 View Post
I have a vest top with a pic of a heart made up of Canadian flags on it... I will wear that
So that's Kaa0901, Gramna Nessie, LinsyPinsy, luckymonkey, me, Flyingscottie... anyone else?

What about engineer80 (you're at the same stage as me so it would be good to compare notes on patience ) lizziem, Mrs-G? It would be great if you guys could make it too?

jamiesonel, imoutofhere and spiffington, you're a bit further away but if you fancy a Saturday afternoon visit to Glasgow you're welcome to come too

I'm looking forward to being able to talk Canada with people... I have to keep it pretty quiet at work but I really want to discuss it! It's almost all I think about hehe
Right, we're coming too!!. Just back from a reccie trip to Kelowna, BC. Sending off passports this week!!

Gav & Leanne
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

kaa0901 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checking everyone is still on for tomorrow 3pm at the big waterstones just opposit m&s on Sauchiehall street

See you then!

Kath
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

yup I'll be there, hope everyone can make it!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

i hope to be there too. The weather for tomorrow is supposed to be much better than today, thank goodness!!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:17 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, me too, I'll be there I'll be the one with the buggy and a toddler in tow I probably won;t stay too long depending on how he behaves but I am really looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

I'll be there, been looking forward to it all week, just a bit worried re recognising everyone.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:06 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by luckymonkey View Post
I'll be there, been looking forward to it all week, just a bit worried re recognising everyone.
When you get to the coffee place in Waterstones, just shout "Lucky Monkey" really loudly over and over.....if people look at you like you;re nuts you'll know they're not part of the BE crew
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

Originally Posted by engineer80 View Post
When you get to the coffee place in Waterstones, just shout "Lucky Monkey" really loudly over and over.....if people look at you like you;re nuts you'll know they're not part of the BE crew
Who you been talking to?! Were you there the last time I was thrown out???
Jeez, make a clown of yourself once....
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:12 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by luckymonkey View Post
Who you been talking to?! Were you there the last time I was thrown out???
Jeez, make a clown of yourself once....
No but it would have been great to see I have curly black short-midlength hair and I will have a sproglet in a buggy
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

I am shaped like a potato & carry a lightsabre, er no thats only on Wednesdays... I'll start again.
I have blonde shoulder length hair and a blue coat ( I'm still potato shaped)
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I've shortish brown hair and will likely be wearing an orange 3/4 length wool coat and a scarf!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

<<<<<<<<<
I get Rachel to walk in like this
<<<<<<<<<
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Ladies this is really awful, but I didn't realise the 6 nations started this weekend and is probably the last time I'll be able to watch it!

Hubbie left on Thursday and has been apartment hunting in Toronto for the last 2 days, my flight is booked for Feb 24th

Let me know if you are planning to move to Toronto and we can keep in touch!

Best of luck to everyone, hope to meet you on the OTHER SIDE
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie View Post
Ladies this is really awful, but I didn't realise the 6 nations started this weekend and is probably the last time I'll be able to watch it!
.. there are always "wordarounds"

(Still find it funny saying "6" Nations ... changed days)

All the best!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.