Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice
Default Re: who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Originally Posted by Granma Nessie
I would like to join in too. I have a pair of Canadian Olympic mittens so I will wave my hands in the air if I see the Canadian hat. By the way which end of Succhiehall St is Waterson's at .. the Buchannan Galleries end or the Charing Cross end?
I'll bring my mits too!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

out of interest....anyone heading to Vancouver????

lns
Old Jan 28th 2011, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
out of interest....anyone heading to Vancouver????

lns
I'm debating Vancouver or the Okanagan area. My brother lived in Vancouver for a few years and rates it highly, though he has relocated to The States due to work but is planning to return to the Vancouver area long term. I've been to Vancouver a couple of times and it seemed great, though a bit pricey.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Originally Posted by imoutofhere
Hi all, we are from livingston and just got our passport request yesterday. We done our medicals in november. We are going through the skilled worker route and I hope to be heading for Alberta very soon. Good luck all.
Hello from a fellow Livvie-ite!

Moved to British Columbia back in 2002. All the best with your adventure!!

Wild ... you leave the country for five minutes and they knock down your old high school and government buildings!!!

Kind Regards.

Last edited by SivoxII; Jan 28th 2011 at 10:10 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a vest top with a pic of a heart made up of Canadian flags on it... I will wear that
So that's Kaa0901, Gramna Nessie, LinsyPinsy, luckymonkey, me, Flyingscottie... anyone else?

What about engineer80 (you're at the same stage as me so it would be good to compare notes on patience ) lizziem, Mrs-G? It would be great if you guys could make it too?

jamiesonel, imoutofhere and spiffington, you're a bit further away but if you fancy a Saturday afternoon visit to Glasgow you're welcome to come too

I'm looking forward to being able to talk Canada with people... I have to keep it pretty quiet at work but I really want to discuss it! It's almost all I think about hehe
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izzi81
I have a vest top with a pic of a heart made up of Canadian flags on it... I will wear that
So that's Kaa0901, Gramna Nessie, LinsyPinsy, luckymonkey, me, Flyingscottie... anyone else?

What about engineer80 (you're at the same stage as me so it would be good to compare notes on patience ) lizziem, Mrs-G? It would be great if you guys could make it too?

jamiesonel, imoutofhere and spiffington, you're a bit further away but if you fancy a Saturday afternoon visit to Glasgow you're welcome to come too

I'm looking forward to being able to talk Canada with people... I have to keep it pretty quiet at work but I really want to discuss it! It's almost all I think about hehe
Hi Guys,
sorry I missed this post,we live in Lochwinnoch near Glasgow and are hoping to move to Nova Scotia this year.Would love to have met up with you guys,I take it you are all going to Glasgow today.
If so we will be with you in spirit and probably less than half a mile from you in person ,will be on the M8 today AGAIN

Keep us in mind the next time.
Arty & Family
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi Guys,
sorry I missed this post,we live in Lochwinnoch near Glasgow and are hoping to move to Nova Scotia this year.Would love to have met up with you guys,I take it you are all going to Glasgow today.
If so we will be with you in spirit and probably less than half a mile from you in person ,will be on the M8 today AGAIN

Arty & Family
No it's NEXT saturday

You can come - Yay!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:50 am
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi Guys,

Arty & Family
Hi Arty,
I think its planned for Saturday 5th Feb at 3pm... please come along
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luckymonkey
Hi Arty,
I think its planned for Saturday 5th Feb at 3pm... please come along
Hi ,
I would love to come but I am night shift all next week and Alison is a manager for Wallis and has to work every sat.
Sods law I have been on my 18 days off and start back on Monday.

Let us know the next time.

Arty & Family
Old Jan 29th 2011, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

kaa0901 is an unknown quantity at this point

Arty - shame you can't make it next weekend. Seems NS is a popular place to head from Glasgow. We too are in the early stages (still getting ideas etc) so am sure there will be plenty more opportunities to compares notes/moans.

Not sure about this site but if you can send me a private messege we can swap emails and hopefully we can all keep in contact that way
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

I've been watching this thread and reminiscing - I grew up in Glasgow and lived there until my early twenties when I moved north. I moved to NS a year ago and love it. We live about half an hour from Halifax and we've three children (12, 9 and 5). I've noticed a few of you are hoping to make the move to NS too - if anyone wants any advice just let me know!

Enjoy your meet-up
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:17 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by izzi81
Oops, yes, in my excitement I forgot to say I'm in! As long as you don't mind me bringing the wee fella with me, it might be hard to organise a babysitter. Looking forward to it
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Arty - sorry you can't make it But hopefully there will be more than one of these meet-ups and we can schedule one where you can make it next time!

It's looking like it's going to be a pretty good number of people, which is great! Look forward to meeting everyone next weekend!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

can't make it next weekend unfortunately - will be off to the wilds of Argyll

Sounds like you have a good crowd going so should be some good chat!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Tiger_Quimpo will be there too (he's driving!) with Tiger Jr and LinsyPinsy Jr. So that makes 4 of us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.