Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

kaa0901 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Fantastic! Im not working sat 5th/sun 6th february. Anyone want to suggest time & place?

Kath
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

I'm in!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izzi81
So there are quite a few then! I think we could organise a wee get-together? I'm presuming the centre of town would be easiest, what about a weekend afternoon or something? I was thinking meeting for coffee would be easier because we're going to want to have a group conversation, not just shouting in the ear of the person next to you!

Any thoughts?
Not Clatty Pats then??
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

jamiesonel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Reading linsypinsy's comment about 'Clatty Pats' made me laugh.
Used to go there years ago when had my first flat in the west end.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamiesonel
Hi,

Reading linsypinsy's comment about 'Clatty Pats' made me laugh.
Used to go there years ago when had my first flat in the west end.
Personally I prefered the 'Savoy' in town or 'Durty Dees' in Shawlands.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

The Savoy on Sauchiehall Street?? I work near there; one of my co-workers likes to reminisce about "Grab-a-Granny" nights he's had there...
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Hi, my wife and I are from glasgow...

she is sitting the ielts in feb, then having to wait til july to send forms away (as the limit for nurses has been reached)

good to see / hear there is fellow weegies out there looking to make the escape too!

out of curiosty, what is ur reasons for wanting to leave sunny glas vegas?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by luckymonkey
The Savoy on Sauchiehall Street?? I work near there; one of my co-workers likes to reminisce about "Grab-a-Granny" nights he's had there...
wonder if the dance floor is still sticky?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alcat2010
out of curiosty, what is ur reasons for wanting to leave sunny glas vegas?
lol there is not space to list the reasons I want to leave Glasgow! Well Ok that's not true, but I tend not to like getting into that because I usually end up ranting and I'm trying to view all this for positive rather than negative reasons!

How many people would like to have a wee meet up? I couldn't do Sunday 6th but could probably manage Sat 5th? Or the weekend after?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

If its not the 5th I cant make it till the end of Feb (am a nurse and work most weekends)

Do you all want to meet centrally or would somewhere like The Fort be easier?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
wonder if the dance floor is still sticky?
I couldn't possibly comment...

I can do either 5th or 6th but would find city centre easiest.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Thinking of places, Princes Square is nice but busy, we could meet in the basement of waterstones in Sauchiehall Street. big comfy sofas and large coffees!

Am looking forward to it and preparing a list of things to ask everyone
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

hellcats is an unknown quantity at this point

I am living in Paisley and hope to go over later this year to reccie for hubbies job. Unfortunately can't make the 5th but keep me in mind for other meet up's.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Hi all!

I'm currently packing up the flat in Glasgow West End in preparation for Toronto in 5 weeks!

Hubbie leaves in 9 days, his new employers were adamant that he comes NOW!!!!

I'm up for the 5th in Glasgow, I'll be very lonely and sad as he will be gone. We landed in December 10 with the plan to move out late 2011, but darn hubby went and got himself a job on the spot, so that was that

Clare
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

hellcats is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flyingscottie
Hi all!

I'm currently packing up the flat in Glasgow West End in preparation for Toronto in 5 weeks!

Hubbie leaves in 9 days, his new employers were adamant that he comes NOW!!!!

I'm up for the 5th in Glasgow, I'll be very lonely and sad as he will be gone. We landed in December 10 with the plan to move out late 2011, but darn hubby went and got himself a job on the spot, so that was that

Clare
Lucky you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.