Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Old Jan 15th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

I've been feeling a bit gloomy of late because of there being no medical requests appearing (I think with the New Year I want to make progress!) so I got to wondering... I know there are other Scots here, and I'm sure I've seen some from the Glasgow area.... I was wondering if there were enough of us we could have a wee get together over coffee or something? Share experiences and plans?

Just a thought... anyone out there interested?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:37 pm
Moved to North Van 2012

spiffington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's planning on emigrating and from the Glasgow area?

Originally Posted by izzi81
I've been feeling a bit gloomy of late because of there being no medical requests appearing (I think with the New Year I want to make progress!) so I got to wondering... I know there are other Scots here, and I'm sure I've seen some from the Glasgow area.... I was wondering if there were enough of us we could have a wee get together over coffee or something? Share experiences and plans?

Just a thought... anyone out there interested?
Heya,

We are currently in Edinburgh and are planning on heading out to Canada around March 2012. We have our PR status already and landed in Vancouver in September 2010. So basically we're just making plans and saving like crazy ready to go. Happy to have a chat if you want and allay any fears you might have!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:12 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

We live in Glasgow and are currently awaiting med requests too!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

kaa0901 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the Glasgow are on the 1st rung of the immigration ladder but its a long complicated process involving waiting for my husband to finish hus uni course and elderly relatives.

Feel like Im treading water at times
Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road

hi

im from glasgow, orginally maryhill, now balloch, feel free to chat to me.
Im sending of our passports on monday and now the madness begins and my anxiety level is starting to rise so much to do

liz
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

jamiesonel is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,

We are moving to Halifax area (prob Fall River or Bedford) in April.
Currently in Balfron, between Glasgow and Stirling.
My husband has been headhunted for a job in Halifax and the company are being very helpful and have also given us a relocation company to help with the process. Thankfully the whole process is going smoothly.
Its quite exciting and a bit scary to think whats ahead of us.

We have 2 girls - 5 and 1.5 - so keen to find out what activities there are for them to do, eg dance classes, horse riding, swimming lessons, playgroups etc. If any of you know of such things I would love to hear.

My main worry is getting the kids (older one) settled and happy. Also - shopping for clothes - I'm a keen shopper and was not overly impressed with shopping when we were over in December, although I did get some great snow boots which my friends have been jealous of during the awful winter we've been having here.

Enjoying reading all the stuff about Canada and Nova Scotia. Thanks.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

We're in Glasgow and hoping to head over later this year sometime.

I'm also Canadian (sponsoring other half on spousal route) so if I can help with anything about the Canada side I'm happy to do so. Not been living there for 5 years, so might all be a bit vague now
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jamiesonel
HI,

We are moving to Halifax area (prob Fall River or Bedford) in April.
Currently in Balfron, between Glasgow and Stirling.
My husband has been headhunted for a job in Halifax and the company are being very helpful and have also given us a relocation company to help with the process. Thankfully the whole process is going smoothly.
Its quite exciting and a bit scary to think whats ahead of us.

We have 2 girls - 5 and 1.5 - so keen to find out what activities there are for them to do, eg dance classes, horse riding, swimming lessons, playgroups etc. If any of you know of such things I would love to hear.

My main worry is getting the kids (older one) settled and happy. Also - shopping for clothes - I'm a keen shopper and was not overly impressed with shopping when we were over in December, although I did get some great snow boots which my friends have been jealous of during the awful winter we've been having here.

Enjoying reading all the stuff about Canada and Nova Scotia. Thanks.

We are thinking about heading to the Halifax area. DH is finishing his Nursing Degree so we are tied here for another 2 yrs. Will need to pick your brains about the area/schools etc
Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Formerly of nr Kinross, Scotland, now Burlington, ON!
furries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to allfurries is a name known to all

Hi there ... we are heading over in summer 2011 from the Perth area - infact, as I write this I am sitting in a hotel in Toronto as we are on a fact finding mission meeting employers etc ...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:36 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lizziem
hi

im from glasgow, orginally maryhill, now balloch, feel free to chat to me.
Im sending of our passports on monday and now the madness begins and my anxiety level is starting to rise so much to do

liz
Congrats on PPR Liz! I know you were waiting a few months for it. Now the adventure begins
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

luckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really niceluckymonkey is just really nice

Hi, I'm from Ayrshire and work in Glasgow. I'm hoping to move to B.C.; preferably Okanagan area and would love to chat

Angie
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

imoutofhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we are from livingston and just got our passport request yesterday. We done our medicals in november. We are going through the skilled worker route and I hope to be heading for Alberta very soon. Good luck all.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Would really love to arrange meeting up so I can pick all your brains!

Whose up for it?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by engineer80
We live in Glasgow and are currently awaiting med requests too!
E80
I didnt know you were a weegie like me! Where in Glasgow are you?
lns
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

So there are quite a few then! I think we could organise a wee get-together? I'm presuming the centre of town would be easiest, what about a weekend afternoon or something? I was thinking meeting for coffee would be easier because we're going to want to have a group conversation, not just shouting in the ear of the person next to you!

Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.