Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Who's Looking to move to NS?

Who's Looking to move to NS?

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really nice
Default Re: Who's Looking to move to NS?

I travel accross the bridge every day at around 7.15 and its quite clear on average it takes about 25mins from Fallriver to halifax for example.

Originally Posted by transatlantic
I'm moving in 2 weeks, what is the traffic like on the MacDonald going into Hfx in the mornings?

Thanks!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

transatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty boy
I travel accross the bridge every day at around 7.15 and its quite clear on average it takes about 25mins from Fallriver to halifax for example.
Originally Posted by val50
It depends what time you are using it, but traffic is pretty heavy. Worse if there is an accident.
More traffic at the moment as people are using it rather than Bedford Highway - due to major road works at Fairview overpass.
This website lets you check on traffic conditions
https://www.hdbc.ca/Default.asp
Thanks for those!

Yikes, I hope I won't have to go to work at 7:15!

We are trying to make the choice between a larger and cheaper house in Darty or the Easy commute of living in Halifax.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

We are too.....we are getting a bit worried about taking on a rental with an easy commute to Halifax that's going to cripple us financially.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

MsGiraffe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shanook79
We have had the dream of making NS our home for 2 years, and it makes me feel sad that we haven't got anywhere yet. I became very ill and had to put everything on hold, but now I've been given all clear and so we start again.
We have booked flights out for ten days in May and I'm, very excited.
My husband is a domestic and commercail plumber so I'm hoping work will not be a problem for him.
I love this forum and enjoying reading what you all have to say
So heres to a new year and new dreams for US all x
Glad to hear you are feeling better. May is around the corner, so I am sure your patience will pay off!
Best wishes for all of us, too!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:17 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
We are too.....we are getting a bit worried about taking on a rental with an easy commute to Halifax that's going to cripple us financially.
How much do you have in your budget for a rental?
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

that all depends on the price of services, property tax etc
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 9:59 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
that all depends on the price of services, property tax etc
Well, for example we rented a three bedroom town house in Clayton Park in Halifax and that cost us $1300 per month. You don't pay taxes on it - that is included in the rent.

We only rented for 6 months as we bought something but had we continued to rent we would have had to move somewhere cheaper, as with just my OH working at the time, $1300 was too steep for us.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 12:58 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shanook79
We have had the dream of making NS our home for 2 years, and it makes me feel sad that we haven't got anywhere yet. I became very ill and had to put everything on hold, but now I've been given all clear and so we start again.
We have booked flights out for ten days in May and I'm, very excited.
My husband is a domestic and commercail plumber so I'm hoping work will not be a problem for him.
I love this forum and enjoying reading what you all have to say
So heres to a new year and new dreams for US all x
I know how you feel, we have had our NS dreams for about a year and a half now but they were put on hold due to a death... I feel sad that we havent got anywhere yet too. But we are starting to fill in the paperwork now so thats good.

Good luck to you too, may it all go well this year
Old Jan 4th 2010, 3:47 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on where you move to but I live in Eastern Passage and it's not that far to commute to Halifax, maybe 30 mins.