Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Whooooo Snow clearing

Wikiposts

Whooooo Snow clearing

Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:04 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whooooo Snow clearing

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
Is the house yours?
Oui, chez moi......perched on the top of a mountain yet 5 mins from town, 10 mins from Nicky's work, the land behind us is all parkland. 5 mins walk from our place up a trail is one of the finest viewpoints over Kelowna, Okanagan Lake and up/down the Okanagan valley. Couple more pics attached taken from Apex Lookout on Knox Mountain. We are in a very nice neighbourhood, it's a very quiet area. We have deer, coyote, racoons around here.

We were very lucky to get our place considering timing and prices round here, and it seems to have been a very good choice. The house itself is everything we could have dreamed of, we feel very lucky and privelidged. Moving quickly meant we were able to settle really fast and getting the house has really helped get our Canadian life off to a flying start, and also being in there before winter/Christmas has helped us settle quicker than we had expected to.

Rich.
Attached Thumbnails Whooooo Snow clearing-dsc00744.jpg   Whooooo Snow clearing-dsc00752.jpg  

Last edited by Rich_007; Nov 27th 2005 at 7:07 am.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely beautiful Rich!

I hope we are as blessed when we finally get over there.

Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:26 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Oui, chez moi......perched on the top of a mountain yet 5 mins from town, 10 mins from Nicky's work, the land behind us is all parkland. 5 mins walk from our place up a trail is one of the finest viewpoints over Kelowna, Okanagan Lake and up/down the Okanagan valley. Couple more pics attached taken from Apex Lookout on Knox Mountain. We are in a very nice neighbourhood, it's a very quiet area. We have deer, coyote, racoons around here.

We were very lucky to get our place considering timing and prices round here, and it seems to have been a very good choice. The house itself is everything we could have dreamed of, we feel very lucky and privelidged. Moving quickly meant we were able to settle really fast and getting the house has really helped get our Canadian life off to a flying start, and also being in there before winter/Christmas has helped us settle quicker than we had expected to.

Rich.

Very, very nice Rich.

I'm having visions of you spending hours on end, up on Apex Lookout, big pile o' sandwiches, poloroid in hand, waiting for your sighting of Ogopogo.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:25 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
Absolutely beautiful Rich!
Few more snaps taken today while out walking on Knox Mountain.

Rich.
Attached Thumbnails Whooooo Snow clearing-dsc00884.jpg   Whooooo Snow clearing-dsc00886.jpg   Whooooo Snow clearing-dsc00892.jpg  
Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:29 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I'm having visions of you spending hours on end, up on Apex Lookout, big pile o' sandwiches, poloroid in hand, waiting for your sighting of Ogopogo.
Not too far off the mark Peas, perfect area for pic-nicking. Went out for a walk today. ended up a 6-miler ! Nicky was most disappointed that she declined my offer of making a flask of hot coffee/whiskey combo brew. Especially as it dropped to -2 while we were out ! though the sighting of four deer (at just 20 feet distance) on the way home made it all worth it. Very, very cool.

Rich.
Attached Thumbnails Whooooo Snow clearing-dsc00906.jpg  

Last edited by Rich_007; Nov 27th 2005 at 1:37 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

Hi Rich,

It will warm up considerably now - I got my tyres changed this morning!

What a hassle, well I know for next year. Talk about queues :scared: I eventually got a good deal at Canadian Tire - they gave me over $30 per tyre off after some negotiation (I was cheeky and asked, that is what comes of being married to a Yorshireman!). But they couldn't fit them until December 6th. So I ended up buying the tyres and getting them fitted at Wal Mart Tire and Lube Express.

Louise
Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:09 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
It will warm up considerably now - I got my tyres changed this morning!
Did you go for the studded ones in the end ???

Forecast for -9 tonight. Better shut the windows that's a bit chilly even for a northerner

Rich.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

-9, It can drop to whatever it wants overnight as long as it is nice and warm tomorrow. Are they still saying -17 in a couple of days?

No, I didn't get studs as I wont be driving much out of Kelowna. Once husband gets here in December, we'll be buying another car - this is the runaround. That car will probably have tyres that take studs.

Did you go for the studded ones in the end ???

Forecast for -9 tonight. Better shut the windows that's a bit chilly even for a northerner

Rich.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Rich.
Nice pad Rich, Kelowna (along with Victoria) are on our list of potential places to move to when the rug-rats leave home.

As for snow-tires. We got ours from Kal-Tire and they will change them free of charge as many times as you like.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

jonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to all

Few more snaps taken today while out walking on Knox Mountain.

Rich.
Beautiful pics! I'd love to get out there one day. Thanks for taking the trouble to share those with us

Jon.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

ended up a 6-miler !
Wimp! Last week before we got a second car my wife needed rescuing in mine for reasons beyond my comprehension. I had to walk and retraced my steps later in the car. 30 km. I'm still limping.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:11 am
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Wimp! Last week before we got a second car my wife needed rescuing in mine for reasons beyond my comprehension. I had to walk and retraced my steps later in the car. 30 km. I'm still limping.
After 30 klicks I would still be limping this time next year

Rich
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Good Grief!!!

Are you still speaking to her??? Hope you had a hot bath!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:01 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Nobody told me I should wear gloves - Now I know I will remember next time.

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Awwwwwe...

So excited that he forgot to wear gloves!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:07 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Unfortunatly not my shovel - in fact not my drive - I went to a friends house to help - we didnt get enough snow to make it worth while clearing - I just drove over the stuff.

Your snow shovel is bigger'n'mine

Snow has stayed around here, very Christmassy and -3 at the moment, lovely and sunny bright day, off out for a walk now gonna shoot me some deer (with the camera, of course).

Rich.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.