Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who watched the Thames Pageant!

who watched the Thames Pageant!

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default who watched the Thames Pageant!

Spent the last 4 hours watching the pageant live on CBC - got up at 6am! Now longing for England even more! lol

Hubby raised the Union Jack last night and it flies proudly on our deck for the world to see!

Last edited by feelbritish; Jun 3rd 2012 at 5:20 pm. Reason: adding extra
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:26 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who watched the Thames Pageant!

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Spent the last 4 hours watching the pageant live on CBC - got up at 6am! Now longing for England even more! lol

Hubby raised the Union Jack last night and it flies proudly on our deck for the world to see!
I wouldn't watch it on the CBC as all it is is that bald special needs bloke going on about canoes. The BBC coverage was pretty good though.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:13 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I wouldn't watch it on the CBC as all it is is that bald special needs bloke going on about canoes. The BBC coverage was pretty good though.
I liked the CBC presenters comment about a band who were a one hit wonder called Madness
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:08 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

We watched it... from the Thames itself. Our last bit of patriotism before we head out to Ontario 5th July. It was cold and wet and we stood from 9.30am right under the London Eye with Parliament opposite right up until the Queen passed by at 3.30. We wouldn't have missed it for the world. We now know we can leave for Canada without feeling we missed out. It was FAB!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

watched it on the telly in hd (of course)
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

CGAFFTBH.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:56 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Watched it on the Beeb - ma n pa were on my Cousin's boat on the flotilla
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:10 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Watch some, Borris interview was funny. That rain looks as wet as I remember it to be.

I nearly fell off my chair at the one hit wonder band comment about madness, doing my house. CBC quality "add hoc"broadcasting.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Watch some, Borris interview was funny. That rain looks as wet as I remember it to be.

I nearly fell off my chair at the one hit wonder band comment about madness, doing my house. CBC quality "add hoc"broadcasting.
From a canadian perspective they were pretty much a one song wonder.

Our House is it as far as hits go. One Step Beyond may get a bit of recognition from people in Canada who were around at the time. Night Boat to Cairo is on Just Dance 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madness_discography
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

CBC made a few gaffs! In the beginning referred to "Kate Middleton" until I guess he was told to change it! then once he referred to the Tower Bridge as "London Bridge" which I picked up on straight away - and also in the beginning, not sure what he was referring to by said he was told maybe he should change his name to "personbridge" and then said he thought the person who said that was dead serious - what that had to do with the pageant I have no idea! Aside from that, after all we are living in Canada and they are proud of the canoe which the tax payers paid to ship out there, so we do have a Canadian slant. I don't get BBC, only BBC Canada so was pleased CBC covered the whole time!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Watched 2 minutes, which confirmed to me what a waste of resources and money it was.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

ergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud ofergyngfeld has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aviator
Watched 2 minutes, which confirmed to me what a waste of resources and money it was.
ahh cheer up! it's no more a waste of money than Christmas is. it's just a bit of much-needed fun!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

They made a point of saying that no tax-payers money was used, businesses along the Thames had to pay up and all the costs were raised. The outlay was around 10million pounds. The amount of tourism they bring in is immense. The Queen brings in about £40M per year, the royal family brings in about £176M to the UK treasury. And that does not include the money made by restaurants, hotels, cabs and stores. I think that is what is called a good investment! How many 86 year olds and 91 year olds are still working 330 days a year! Worth every penny for just the morale and national pride!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know this is going off the "rails" but if you want to compare a waste of money how about the G20 summit in Toronto and that was tax-payers money!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 12:10 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I loved it, and I also feel that the amount of tourism revenue that the Royal Family brings into the UK far outweighs that costs.And those are the costs that you can quantify, it doesnt include all the by-product revenue of this. Also, how many countries have a monarchy too! We should be more proud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.