Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Who invented this Karma stuff??

Wikiposts

Who invented this Karma stuff??

Old Feb 15th 2005, 12:18 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Who invented this Karma stuff??

I have a bone to pick with you, whoever you are! I have been trying to send someone Karma and it will not let me as it says I have to spread it around more...........

Now my question is why????? Some people give fantastic advice so they should be rewarded admirably and each time they give it.

Some people don't give advice so obviously their Karma is going to be lacking. Sound fair?

Some people are just so nice or having a bad day so you want to cheer them up with a bit of Karma.

I didn't realise that Karma was subject to "equal opportunities" and "nanny state.....ism".

Iain, is this your doing?
Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who invented this Karma stuff??

spreading prevents you just giving it to your circle of friends...
Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:40 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon

Iain, is this your doing?
Not me guv. I'm sick of it, I cant even give random karma in the nursing section without coming across karmablocks anymore Its become a bit of a joke with all the karma threads, so stopping us giving to friends and regular helpfull posters seems daft to me. Pretty much given up on it now anyway.

I deleted a bunch of PMs and lost your number again . We keep meaning to invite you over now you are a bit settled. Give us a call. Better than Karma anyway
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:44 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
Not me guv. I'm sick of it, I cant even give random karma in the nursing section without coming across karmablocks anymore Its become a bit of a joke with all the karma threads, so stopping us giving to friends and regular helpfull posters seems daft to me. Pretty much given up on it now anyway.

I deleted a bunch of PMs and lost your number again . We keep meaning to invite you over now you are a bit settled. Give us a call. Better than Karma anyway
Okay, will call you this week. You are now in my little book - so won't lose your number now.

The thing about Karma is that how can you give it to people who don't earn it? And the other thing is - that it is the same people who give the good advice, so you give them Karma, but then after a while it blocks you!!! Doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I should just hand it out to any old Tom, Dick or Bob???
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
The thing about Karma is that how can you give it to people who don't earn it? And the other thing is - that it is the same people who give the good advice, so you give them Karma, but then after a while it blocks you!!! Doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I should just hand it out to any old Tom, Dick or Bob???
Well you could trawl around the site a bit more and hand out for good points in other sections that you don't normally visit like other country sections, or for anything funny.
I don't give out karma randomly in general, and sometimes the spreading thing is a bit of a pain, but most of the time, it doesn't bother me.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:17 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

The Dalai Llama ?

Cool dude. Funny laugh too.

Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooooh someone gave me some Karma! I only found out about it from this thread, so I've given some out tooooo. No, I don't live in a commune.

I'm off for a (make it a red wine)
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:46 pm
Premium Member

Not that I expect any Karma for this (and I sure haven't got any) but thank goodness I raised this topic, or the majority wouldn't understand it.

If Karma is given for good advice, real-life immigration-procedure posts and helpful information - then my posts must have been viewed as a load of rubbish and no use to anyone, LOL!!!

I'm still smiling though.