Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who exactly lives on the north shore, vancouver?

who exactly lives on the north shore, vancouver?

Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:09 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default who exactly lives on the north shore, vancouver?

i keep coming across 'names' on BE who say that they live on the north shore, vancouver........

we moved here 4 months ago and we're on west 13th and jones.......so were are you guys and lets have a met up! white spot on lonsdale? any suggestions....
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

AandT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who exactly lives on the north shore, vancouver?

Hi there - we (Alison, Tony and children Sean, age 10 and Dominic, age 8), will soon be there!

We have just got back from a recce trip during which we agreed a 1 year rental on a house in Edgemont Village - we feel very lucky as most of the trip had been spent on fruitless wild goose chases after properties that either were already rented or were just plain awful. This one had only been on the market for 1 day, right place right time.

Anyhow we land on 29 July, then move into the house on 1st August so a meet up sometime in August would be good.

Regards

Tony & Alison
Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:33 pm
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Hi,

We, Sue and Frank, live in West Vancouver and since we personally have helped settle a lot of Brits on the north shore I know there are a lot of us here - but very few of them are on BE.

Long time ago we organized a curry night (for the brits2vancouver group) at Mumbai Masala - W16th and Lonsdale. It went well but a venue where people can get up and swap tables to meet others might be better. The taphouse at Park Royal maybe (was steamworks).

Open to suggestions and will broaden the invite to any of our clients who are interested too.

Warmly,

Frank
Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:26 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We live in north van in Lynn Valley, there are a couple more of us here as wellwould love to meet up
Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

supafly is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife and i (31 and 29) live in west vancouver, we've been here about 2 years now.

love to hang out with anyone, especially outside

oh and i'm from south africa originally and my wife is from hartlepool.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:46 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

me me me - by default of the fact that I am yr matey - but am a burnaby one - can we play too pl??
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
We've been here three years( next month), live near the dollarton highway,( the ironworkers/second narrows bridge end).

Not far from tim hortons..

We gained an extra family member this week from the UK,
eldest daughter, arrived YVR friday last week, SIN on monday, had an interview on wednesday, job offer thursday, starts work next week
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:13 am

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant.....looks like we got a party going on! i'll get going with sorting dates and times to suit all.....really looking forward to it.......if anyone else wants to tag on, from other parts of vancouver, let me know but it will be on the north shore! thanks for the tip on venue place frank, unless anyone else has any other suggestions......maybe a BBQ/picnic?

(and caz....yes, you can come too; wouldn't be a proper met up with out you)
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by AandT
Hi there - we (Alison, Tony and children Sean, age 10 and Dominic, age 8), will soon be there!

We have just got back from a recce trip during which we agreed a 1 year rental on a house in Edgemont Village - we feel very lucky as most of the trip had been spent on fruitless wild goose chases after properties that either were already rented or were just plain awful. This one had only been on the market for 1 day, right place right time.

Anyhow we land on 29 July, then move into the house on 1st August so a meet up sometime in August would be good.

Regards

Tony & Alison
you are soooooo going to love edgemont and i'm only slightly jealous (alot)......delaneys coffee shop is my fav.....looking forward to meeting you guys and good luck with the move over.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 5:42 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

am heading back to Deep cove early tomorrow morning as we have managed to Lose Brady on the trail - hope he is ok out there tonight
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Spritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
am heading back to Deep cove early tomorrow morning as we have managed to Lose Brady on the trail - hope he is ok out there tonight
Oh no! Good luck with the search! Hope he hasn't been skunked again!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 5:58 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by Spritzer
Oh no! Good luck with the search! Hope he hasn't been skunked again!
nope but the other one has!!! WTF!!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:00 pm
half a century

any one else - that cant be all of us?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:35 pm
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
any one else - that cant be all of us?
Hi all,

I have a facebook group for expats on the north shore. Only recently set up with the idea that the expats that we know can connect with each other - we normally have a big summer BBQ and a winter party too. I thought that people at these do's would benefit from being able to keep in touch (if they wanted to).
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...id=85895919606

Anyway if it helps this might be of interest for people to join and coordinate a get together too.

Warmly,

Frank
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

muddypuddle is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in Lynn Valley too me, my wife (Corrina) and 2 girls - Gracie 6 and Emily 2....

London to Cardiff to Lynn Valley... can't be bad eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.