Reload this Page >

Whitby Ontario

Whitby Ontario

Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

krasy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whitby Ontario

hi

I pose another question just out of curiousity more than anything, we went to ontario in July to discover the area. 2 places we really liked and I would very much appreciate others views on what they think and other stuff in the areas.

Loved London especially fanshawe college, it looked amazing and then we liked Whitby loads of building work going on (OH a carpenter) and the college there looked ok, durham. just a little bit of feedback would be nice to hear some other views, if anyone has the time to give me theirs

much appreciated
Sharon
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:09 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whitby Ontario

Originally Posted by krasy
) the college there looked ok, durham.
I worked with a graduate of Durham College. He was, and is, illiterate. Not, unable to comment on Proust's Madeleines, illiterate, but, unable to write directions to his house, illiterate. The only graduates of Canadian schools I've worked with who had less grasp of the English language were either from Quebec or "educated" at the University of Waterloo.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whitby Ontario

Originally Posted by krasy
hi

I pose another question just out of curiousity more than anything, we went to ontario in July to discover the area. 2 places we really liked and I would very much appreciate others views on what they think and other stuff in the areas.

Loved London especially fanshawe college, it looked amazing and then we liked Whitby loads of building work going on (OH a carpenter) and the college there looked ok, durham. just a little bit of feedback would be nice to hear some other views, if anyone has the time to give me theirs

much appreciated
Sharon
I used to live in Whitby, my parents immigrated in the 70's from London, UK..I'm now back in the UK..but, with that being said..Whitby is ok...there isn't much sense of community..ITS just a big place kinda thing, w/lots of shops etc. My parents ended up in Port Perry for my later years used to be a small town atmosphere, easy distance to Durham College which i attended along with Humber College in Toronto. I take it you want more of a busy city life than a big town with a community feel.

My marriage life We lived in Port HOpe (still miss it)..lovely area/beaches/shops by Lake Ontario, sense of community with being close with Cobourg ( excellent beach), Peterborough (where hubby went to college)...This area has lots to offer and i would recommend it over Whitby! and its only 1hr away from Toronto!!

If there are any other questions feel free to ask, we've only been in the uk 1yr now.... good luck in your search.
where are you from in the UK?