Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where are you from

Where are you from

Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:44 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where are you from

Me Edinburgh>>Rushden (England)>>Glasgow>>(hopefully Toronto Ontario)

Husband Glasgow>>>>(hopefully Toronto Ontario)
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

OK...Scarborough, Canada -> Ajax, Pickering, Canada -> Hailey, Near Witney, Oxfordshire -> Faringdon, near Swindon -> Coventry, West Midlands -> Somewhere in Ontario in 2006
Old Nov 28th 2005, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

tobyjug is an unknown quantity at this point

hubby lincoln>> regina sk
me, shropshire ( dad in RAF ) gibralta, >lincs >singapore >lincs > germany
lincs, > regina sk as soon as house sold !!!( surveyor been )
Old Nov 28th 2005, 12:51 pm
ACL
Forum Regular

ACL will become famous soon enough

Swindon > Weston-S- mare > Bristol > Norfolk > Wales> Nova Scotia
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

GlosMaple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Airseir
Since joining this excellent forum and finding it the most excellent resource for information about moving to Canada I have forgotten that it was part of the British Expat site. This is largly because of the people that come hear and exchange information. I guess my brain accepts it as a moving to Canada forum and I havnt read the title of the site for over a year and a half. This was bought to my attention in the post "saying goodbye and Hello" when it took me a few minutes to realise why some-one jokingly said they should duck and run because ther were not from the UK.

I personnaly think that the combination of everyone sharing thier experiences is what makes the site, and certainly gives everyone a good understanding of a multitude of issues that me may face when settling regardless of where we come from.

so what is my point for all this waffle (apart from something to do between checking e-client that is). -- maybe that should be my question - what is the point of this waffle - lol.

seriously - I just thought it would be good for people to say where they moved from or are moving from so we can all get an idea of the geographical spread of knowledge we are using, and also I would be interested if people from other countries know of similar sites, aimed at their country,that readers may also be interested in looking at.

Of course if no-one is interested in this thread it does at least give me one more post towards my next star. (Be warned the final stages may have a sever impact on your mental stability. You may find that you do anything anywhere to advance to the next stage of almost anything - except e-client that is)
Hereford - Leicester - Cheltenham - Gloucester - Toronto - London, UK - Toronto (again) - Zurich, CH - Munich, DE - Harare, Zimbabwe - New York City - Toronto ....yet again.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

johnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flashman
Hi Johnny,

Let me know when you arrive in Belleville. I'm nearby
thanks I will do that.We were there in august stayed with friends on old highway 2 not far from loyalist road,absolutely loved the place and can't wait to move.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 2:13 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

WOW - lots and lots of answers.

Keep them comming everyone.

Originally Posted by Airseir
Since joining this excellent forum and finding it the most excellent resource for information about moving to Canada I have forgotten that it was part of the British Expat site. This is largly because of the people that come hear and exchange information. I guess my brain accepts it as a moving to Canada forum and I havnt read the title of the site for over a year and a half. This was bought to my attention in the post "saying goodbye and Hello" when it took me a few minutes to realise why some-one jokingly said they should duck and run because ther were not from the UK.

I personnaly think that the combination of everyone sharing thier experiences is what makes the site, and certainly gives everyone a good understanding of a multitude of issues that me may face when settling regardless of where we come from.

so what is my point for all this waffle (apart from something to do between checking e-client that is). -- maybe that should be my question - what is the point of this waffle - lol.

seriously - I just thought it would be good for people to say where they moved from or are moving from so we can all get an idea of the geographical spread of knowledge we are using, and also I would be interested if people from other countries know of similar sites, aimed at their country,that readers may also be interested in looking at.

Of course if no-one is interested in this thread it does at least give me one more post towards my next star. (Be warned the final stages may have a sever impact on your mental stability. You may find that you do anything anywhere to advance to the next stage of almost anything - except e-client that is)
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:36 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi lizwil98
I spent quite a few summers in Compton Dando as a child, both my aunts were married at the local church & lived at the bottom of Fairy Hill!!
I took my kids to the bluebell woods just before we left Bristol in September, its a lovely part of the world.

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I won't hold the record for number of places I lived, but I might hold the record for having been in Canada the longest!

I have lived in Hertford - Compton Dando, Somerset - Bournemouth - Purley, Surrey - Earl's Court - Kew - Purley - and Regina, Saskatchewan.

We have been here since 1968!!

And I still miss "home" - at least now I am older I miss home - when my kids were young I was too busy to miss home I think!