Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where are you from

Where are you from

Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

nickb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are you from

Ross-on-Wye > Oxford > Riyadh, Saudi Arabia > Reading > Brighton > Toronto > Newcastle, UK > Toronto
Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:53 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Morwenna
OK.....

Ready for this? ..........

WORTHING! ........ err.....

OK It's about time I moved isn't it!!!!
As Worthing is a lovely traditional retirement town you might as well stay put

Solihull>Sevenoaks>Friedrichshafen>East Ham (London)>Heaven...(this is when I met my wife and she's watching over my shoulder )>Still in heaven but also Barking>Huntingdon
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:38 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crispie
As Worthing is a lovely traditional retirement town you might as well stay put
I'm not THAT far over the hill yet.....unless you know more than I do about CHC processing times......????

Anway, I've already reserved my place in a nice little retirement residence in calgary!!!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:52 pm
peterclaire

peterclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by celine_uk
Newcastle upon Tyne UK..... Benfleet Essex UK........Toronto Ontario
Hey Celine

Stumbled across your posting. I am in Limehouse in the Halton Hills area. My husband and I emigrated here in Nov 2000 from guess where?.......Benfleet. near the Bread & Cheese pub actually!
My daughter and her Fiance are arriving here in June as they just got their visa's.........also youngest daughter is emigrating too and is still in South Benfleet at the moment.
How long have you been here?

Claire
Old Mar 12th 2005, 3:07 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

right, here goes (deep breath)
Yukon to Bermuda to Landsdown Ont to Massett BC to Gander Nfld to Ramstein Germany to Gananoque Ont to Uckfield E Ssx to Bognor Regis to Brighton to Portsmouth to Ilse of Wight to Brighton to Uckfield to Widnes to Leeds to Halifax W. Yorks to ??? hopefully Annapolis Royal NS
phew no wonder I have so many suitcases!
Old Mar 12th 2005, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

CornishTim is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Where are you from

Well new to this site and my 1st post.......yipeee!!

Haven't been far so here goes...

Cornwall(UK) ---> Richmond(Surry, UK) ---> Exeter --->Cornwall(UK, again!) ---> hopefully Calgary (but still in the early stages of deciding where, as/when we get PR status!)

Still looking through all the bits in the other threads so hope to post more soon, and probably ask lots of questions!

Tim
Old Mar 12th 2005, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

dawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CornishTim
Well new to this site and my 1st post.......yipeee!!

Haven't been far so here goes...

Cornwall(UK) ---> Richmond(Surry, UK) ---> Exeter --->Cornwall(UK, again!) ---> hopefully Calgary (but still in the early stages of deciding where, as/when we get PR status!)

Still looking through all the bits in the other threads so hope to post more soon, and probably ask lots of questions!

Tim
Welcome aboard Tim! Have a drink on me...you are going to need it for the wait
Old Mar 12th 2005, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

George-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant future

Middlesbrough---> Bordon Hants "joined Army"---> Soest Germany---> Lubbecke Germany "met wife"---> Munster Germany--->a spell in the Gulf--->Cyprus---> Hohne Germany---> Arborfield Berks---> Exit Army ---> Doncaster---> Saskatoon bound we think.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

OK, Real simple this one!
Armadale, West Lothian, Scotland - Fauldhouse, West Lothian,Scotland - Prince George BC (2006 I hope!)

Kenny
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Wonderlust is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SimonG
I think there was one not so long back, but here goes.

Bradford, West Yorkshire -> Glympton, Oxfordshire -> Back to Bradford -> Bridlington, East Yorkshire -> Barnard Castle, County Durham -> Mississauga, Ontario -> Cambridge, Ontario and soon to be back in Barnard Castle.
I am just starting on what sounds like a long road, we are looking at emigrating to Canada, do you mind if I ask why you are planning to come back to the UK?
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

somerset(born)> lancashire> Northern Ireland> wiltshire> sussex> toronto!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

somerset(born)> lancashire> Northern Ireland> wiltshire> sussex> toronto!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:06 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Portsmouth - Plymouth - Chatham - Plymouth - Gib - Sinapore - Hong Kong - Portland - Plymouth - Yeovil - Portsmouth - Winnipeg

I work here now ( well next door but it's close )

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=444+St...1329&t=k&hl=en

try it out folks not bad aerial for most places.

I right clicked next to the image did a select all pasted in to Word and expanded to 500% and you still get good detail

PS who says they are not watching you?????

Last edited by Grah; Apr 5th 2005 at 5:18 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wonderlust
I am just starting on what sounds like a long road, we are looking at emigrating to Canada, do you mind if I ask why you are planning to come back to the UK?
Long story, unsettled family, bad relocation through work, unsettled family, mother in law ill, unsettled family, oldest son unable to work, unsettled family, crap job, there's plenty of reasons to go back for us and not enough to stay.

Everybody is different though and I would never put anybody off from doing it. If we had been a lot more prepared, it might have been different.

The only advice I can give is to do as much research as possible, spend as much time in Canada before you commit a decision and keep reading this forum. I only found the forum well after we moved, there's plenty of people on here who have made the move and have some real good insights.

Good luck,

Simon.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Wonderlust is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SimonG
Long story, unsettled family, bad relocation through work, unsettled family, mother in law ill, unsettled family, oldest son unable to work, unsettled family, crap job, there's plenty of reasons to go back for us and not enough to stay.

Everybody is different though and I would never put anybody off from doing it. If we had been a lot more prepared, it might have been different.

The only advice I can give is to do as much research as possible, spend as much time in Canada before you commit a decision and keep reading this forum. I only found the forum well after we moved, there's plenty of people on here who have made the move and have some real good insights.

Good luck,

Simon.
Thanks for the reply, I can imagine the pull of the family. Thanks for the advise, I only really made the decision last week so I am glad to have found this site so quickly.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.