Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where to surrender green US entry permit? Form I-94W

Where to surrender green US entry permit? Form I-94W

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to surrender green US entry permit? Form I-94W

Does anyone know where I can give back the green entry permit that is attached to the passport whenever we drive to the US?
I know it can be done at the border but is it possible to give it somewhere else, like the American embassy? The one I got expires tomorrow - was planning to return it last week but our US trip got cancelled
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:16 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to surrender green US entry permit? Form I-94W

I mailed my last one back to CBSA. Can't remember the address though, I'll do a quick search...

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Does anyone know where I can give back the green entry permit that is attached to the passport whenever we drive to the US?
I know it can be done at the border but is it possible to give it somewhere else, like the American embassy? The one I got expires tomorrow - was planning to return it last week but our US trip got cancelled
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:24 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Pick a relevant address from here:
(FL might be able to tell you the best place to send it.)

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/l...4-e.html#d1284
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:28 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

The only address to send it to is:

DHS CBP SBU
1084 South Laurel Road
London KY 40744

Include proof you left the US if you have it and/or include a letter of explanation.

Last edited by JonboyE; Jan 3rd 2013 at 11:30 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for the replies. I'll try my luck at the airport tomorrow. If that fails, I'll mail it

Last edited by SambaDeAmigo; Jan 4th 2013 at 12:01 am.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:00 am
Pictou County Superstar™

It was a US customs officer who told me to send it to CBSA... Although, I suppose it could have meant he was telling me "Who gives a ****?"...

Originally Posted by JonboyE
The only address to send it to is:

DHS CBP SBU
1084 South Laurel Road
London KY 40744

Include proof you left the US if you have it and/or include a letter of explanation.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greenhill
It was a US customs officer who told me to send it to CBSA... Although, I suppose it could have meant he was telling me "Who gives a ****?"...
Funnily enough, when I asked the guys at the border who gave me that form on my way to the US, not a single officer knew where else I could surrender the form other than at immigration on the way back.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:36 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
I am just going by what they say ...

If you failed to turn in your I-94 Departure Record, please send it, along with any documentation that proves you left the United States to:

DHS - CBP SBU
1084 South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744
USA

Do not mail your Form I-94 Departure Record or supporting information to any U.S. Consulate or Embassy, to any other CBP Office in the United States, or to any address other than the one above. Only at this location are we able to make the necessary corrections to CBP records to prevent inconvenience to you in the future.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...l-have-my-i-94
Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers
Old Jan 4th 2013, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

If you are by an airport with US customs in it you can also take it there.

It is where I usually drop mine off.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep did just that. Drove the airport and found the 'commissioner' who showed me where I could drop the forms off.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully the info in this thread will help others in the future.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:18 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I've only had a problem (lecture from officer about handing it in) when I have forgotten to remove the last one that's out of date.

As long as its no longer in your passport, actually not returning it, does not seem to have any consequences.