SK
3.82%
YT
0.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 288. You may not vote on this poll

where are most brits moving to and why.

Old Oct 13th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of
Question where are most brits moving to and why.

just thought id see where most people are moving to are wanting to move to. as for myself i seem more inclined at the minute for NS as the house prices seem a lot lower there.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 7:32 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where are most brits moving to and why.

House prices and cost of living lower in SK, people very friendly, OH got a job in Regina
Old Oct 13th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

My NS is popular. 66%

I wonder how the results will look in a couple of days?
Old Oct 13th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

that remains to be seen as i have left the poll open. so it should be even more interesting after a couple of months.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 8:12 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

South western Ontario 'cause I couldnae spell Saskachoowean!
Old Oct 13th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Arrow Re: where are most brits moving to and why.

interesting. would be helpful if you could all leave a note to as why you all moved there as well. as i could'nt fit that bit into the poll as i was limited to 15 choises and 13 of them were taken up by the regions i had to fill in.

regards smudge
Old Oct 13th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Alberta is booming, unfortunately house prices have soared to close to UK prices. Labour market very active as skilled trades & professionals in critically short supply.
Lived in LaSalle (near Windsor) Ontario in 2002/2003 work short and labour market flooded with highly educated immigrants chasing unskilled work to pay their bills. On the positive house prices very reasonable.

Good Idea to have a survey, Well done.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Were off to Calgary because someone was daft enough to employ me
Old Oct 13th 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

I wanted to be in any of the Atlantic Provinces because (a) I like the Atlantic Ocean better than the Pacific, (b) I'm not used to being 20 hours away from the coast (as I am now) and (c) the pace of life there is far more how I'd like mine to be. I would probably have considered them in this order
1) PEI (because it's beautiful and the dogs can't get into trouble)
2) NB (coz it's nearer PEI than NS is!)
3) NS (coz it's got cheap housing and Halifax is great)
4) NL (not been yet)

I've been in Ontario for 4 years (Niagara region for 3 then Simcoe for 1) and I hate it. To me, it's not much different to the UK (although when I took my first trip home in May this year I was surprised about what NUTTERS there were on the roads there ). People are in too much of a hurry here, they're snobby and think they're better than the rest of Canada.

So, I'm getting out. PEI would still be my first choice but I've also found that I like the south west region of Nova Scotia. It's beautiful scenery and has some culture (although I don't think the town I'm moving too is quite prepared for me!)
Old Oct 13th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Am' suprized the scots cin spell enithin proply.

I bet you can't spell Bobcaygeon either.

Last edited by steve666; Oct 13th 2007 at 11:11 pm. Reason: Bobcaygeon (another thread)
Old Oct 13th 2007, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
There's a Proclaimers song about that

LaSalle, because it's hot, cheap, and right next to the US.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:44 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
LaSalle, because it's hot, cheap, and right next to the US.
So is Haiti.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
So is Haiti.
And the Aleutian islands.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:29 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
So is Haiti.
So am I.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:52 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Ontario wins.

Canada is a country of immigrants. 18.4 % of the population of Canada was born in another country.

By far the most popular destination for immigrants to Canada is the provinces of Ontario, and British Columbia, each having an immigrant population of over 26 %. These numbers are based on the 2001 statistics as supplied by Statistics Canada.
• Toronto, with a population of over 5 million people takes the top spot as favorite destination. 43.7 % of the population is an immigrant. Toronto is Canada’s biggest city and the Capital of Ontario. Between 1991 and 2001 the percentage grew from 38 % to 43.7 %
• Vancouver takes 2nd spot. 37.5 % of the population is foreign born. Total population of Vancouver is 2.2 million people. In the last 10 years before
• Hamilton Ontario, with a population of 715 thousand people is 3rd on the list. 23.6 % of its people are immigrants. The percentage of immigrants in Hamilton has stayed about the same in the last 10 years.
• 4th spot goes to Windsor Ontario, with 22.3 %, and increase from 20.6 % in 1991
• Abbotsford in British Columbia has a total population of 162 thousand of which 21.8 % are immigrants., compared to 19.8 % in 1991
• Calgary, with just over 1 million people has the 6th spot as most popular immigrant destination. 20.9 % of its population is immigrants, up from 20.3 % 10 years earlier. The province of Alberta itself has an average of 14.9 % immigrant population.

In 2001, 57% of immigrants who had been residents for four to five years had become Canadian citizens. Among those who had lived in Canada for 6 to 10 years, 79% were citizens. Of those who had been in the country for 30 years or more, 90% were citizens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.