Where to live Edmonton Youngish Couple

Wikiposts

Where to live Edmonton Youngish Couple

Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

UK28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live Edmonton Youngish Couple

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are moving to Edmonton late May. We are both 29 (no children) and are looking for somewhere on the southern side so we are closer to work. We are looking to spend around $1k/month unfurnished. What we are looking for is somewhere with greenery perhaps near parks but also near shops,cafe's and restaurants. We don't want to be raving downtown but we also don't want to be in suburbia with just famalies.. any help would be great?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

anji23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live Edmonton Youngish Couple

We live in south Edmonton in Macewan which is a nice area $1000 a month you will be looking at an apartment as houses are usually around $1600 + a month.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_Zena is an unknown quantity at this point

We lived to the South West just off Lessard Road. Very good access to the Henday or Whitemud. Also very close to the West Edmonton Mall and the West End. There is an abundance of places to eat and drink around the area. I agree you will only be looking at a condo for that amount. On the very south is Windermere, a nice area but it is relatively new and a bit out of it. Prices do tend to be cheaper for a while and all the properties are new.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:31 pm
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK28
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are moving to Edmonton late May. We are both 29 (no children) and are looking for somewhere on the southern side so we are closer to work. We are looking to spend around $1k/month unfurnished. What we are looking for is somewhere with greenery perhaps near parks but also near shops,cafe's and restaurants. We don't want to be raving downtown but we also don't want to be in suburbia with just famalies.. any help would be great?

In Edmonton?