Reload this Page >

When landing.....

When landing.....

Old May 10th 2011, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When landing.....

Hi

I know this has been asked a few times but please bear with me....

When landing CIC advise on the following link that we take the following to ease entry:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcome...ore-border.asp

My queries are that my teenage son is going to follow us after we arrive, I'm presuming this should not be an issue on landing but can anyone confirm this??

Also lots of people have mentioned you need to have proof of funds but that is not mentioned by CIC?? shall I take that anyway just incase??

I want to try my best to not cause any delays when we land as we have a toddler who by that point may be loosing patience with her parents!!
Old May 10th 2011, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Oscardon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When landing.....

As far as I know proof of funds will be needed but they dont always ask for it. Im also told that you will need your goods coming in list even if your just entering the country to land. I have been advisied by the good people on this site that its best to go around your house and list most things even if your not going to eventually bring it in. Although I could stand corrected. (the good people are also good at that lol).
Old May 10th 2011, 2:29 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

On the Good to Follow list ect, it depends if you are taking up residency when you land then you must declare your goods or you are returning to the UK then depends on the customs officer on the day. Some people have been told when landing if they are not taking residency then to declare when you come back for good.

With regards to your son, this will not be an issue as I assume you or OH is the principle applicant. When the principle applicant lands then the determination for permament residence is made on the whole family declared on application. For more details see Port Of Entry manual, section/paragraph 12.15.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf04-eng.pdf

Hope this helps.

JB0591
Old May 10th 2011, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to clarify I/we will be taking up permanent residency when I/we land.

Thank you both
Old May 10th 2011, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Make sure your son gets in before the date of the medical. Or he could be left home alone. lol
Old May 10th 2011, 2:44 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

With regards to Proof Of Funds....you will be asked how much you have available. This will be written on the document you sign when you land, I assume this could be used against you if you try and claim help from the province etc when you are not entitled to anything. We were not asked for proof of funds but we had a printout just in case.
Old May 10th 2011, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oscardon
Make sure your son gets in before the date of the medical. Or he could be left home alone. lol

Quite tempting but I don't think he would ever forgive me!!
Old May 10th 2011, 3:21 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

dont land in Calgary!!! i just came back from holiday in the UK...Iam PR with PR cards etc and they still made me go through immigration and gave me a thoro grilling all because i came back into Canada with my 2 older children and not my other child or my wife who are staying in the UK for 2 extra weeks.
Old May 10th 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JB0591
With regards to Proof Of Funds....you will be asked how much you have available. This will be written on the document you sign when you land, I assume this could be used against you if you try and claim help from the province etc when you are not entitled to anything. We were not asked for proof of funds but we had a printout just in case.
Ii'll do the same then just incase

Thanks
Old May 10th 2011, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
dont land in Calgary!!! i just came back from holiday in the UK...Iam PR with PR cards etc and they still made me go through immigration and gave me a thoro grilling all because i came back into Canada with my 2 older children and not my other child or my wife who are staying in the UK for 2 extra weeks.
Landing at at Vancouver so hopefully should be OK
Old May 10th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

when are you landing. We will be landing on 30th June, Vancouver as well!
Old May 10th 2011, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

when are you landing. We will be landing on 30th June, Vancouver as well!

Landing 25th from Manchester, dreading the flight (my daughter is 2 and very good but 9 and half hours on a plane maybe pushing it!), my Mum is also insisting she sees us off at the airport which will be difficult.

Are you staying once you land? if you are you must be having feelings like me, excitement...terror....anxiety....happiness???
Old May 10th 2011, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

All of the above. I have a four year old with me so I know your pain, although I have just bought a cheap DVD player from Asda which should kill a couple of hours. Trouble is she is very talkative so any one sitting near us my be wishing she falls alseep within 5 minutes. Someone suggested fenagen (not sure about spelling) but we are not going to bother, she is to heavy to carry around an airport.

we are staying for two weeks then coming back.
Old May 10th 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

All of the above. I have a four year old with me so I know your pain, although I have just bought a cheap DVD player from Asda which should kill a couple of hours. Trouble is she is very talkative so any one sitting near us my be wishing she falls alseep within 5 minutes. Someone suggested fenagen (not sure about spelling) but we are not going to bother, she is to heavy to carry around an airport.

we are staying for two weeks then coming back.
I think we may also invest in a DVD player, I have also been collecting little play things (which are not to noisy) which I've wrapped for her to open and play with, with those, reading, drawing and eating I'm hoping I can keep her pretty amused, problem will be the last two hours as she will be very tired.

I hope you don't mind but i noticed you are a social worker looking for work, I'm sure you have already thought of this but linked in have lots of social worker groups see http://www.linkedin.com/groupsDirect...305042439326_1

Not sure if any are relevant but I hope they help.

Happy travels!!
Old May 10th 2011, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that. Iam pretending to work now whilst looking on here for social work jobs. The joys of having a computer screen that no-one can see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.